Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock sled other than MBRP muffler, 1100 miles
Sled was running good, and all of a sudden started to to run on one cylinder mag side, wiggled wires around ECM injectors and it went again, shortly after same thing happened, running on one cylinder. Wiggled wires no help, shut it off for about 5 min and after restarting it ran good for a few miles then started again.
Got it home and checked for broken wire, cannot seem to find anything, swapped injectors from side to side and the pto side seems to not be firing still, checked the spark with couple of other plugs and spark seems good, changed plugs, put a test light into top of injectors harness and is good and bright.
Now it will start, but as soon as I give it any gas it stalls out!

Any suggestions???

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When the sled is running is there supposed to be fuel spraying in the tank?
Fuel return? Never noticed before!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes that is your pressure relief. Gas spraying in the upper right hand corner of the tank is normal.

I woul check your throttle safety switch. Take it apart and spray it with lock de-icer. You can unplug the main harness just understand you wont be able to shut the sled off..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked throttle, unhooked safety wires same thing, unhooked main harness, same thing
Went as far as checking reeds, they are good.
Runs on one cylinder, mag side, trouble revving up but I can get it to throttle up on mag side only.
Seems to be good spark on pto side and fuel? Just won't run on it
I don't have compression tester at home so I will check that tomorrow, but with reeds out and through exhaust all look good.

Need any suggestions thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
from last post i sat back had a beer and thought why not restart sled to see if it fixed itself and when it started the sled runs great on both cylinders, unhooked mag injector, kept running no issues on PTO side!!!
Now I am confused to the point I do not know what to check.
From my last post to this one nothing was touched, sitting in heated garage in front of me.
I am lost, anyone have any suggestions for me???

·
Registered
36 Posts
Something doesn't sound right... Did you check power valves? Possible one stuck open??? But you should have a code with that issue... I would think you had a stuck injector. When you took your reeds out did You test your injectors? You can hook 12V up to them and see if they click. I engergized my injectors and blew through each one to make sure they were clear of debris. If you have fuel, compression, and air it will fire. Just narrow it down. The one other thing I just thought about is Timing sensors. It has two... Maybe one is going down... I have test specs if you need it...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked injectors, home made with a syringe and AA battery, both sprayed the same.
I have, fuel, spark air but no go, i just fired it up again, cannot get any throttle, unhooked main harness and still nothing.
Would the throttle position sensor be shot and create these issues?
I have a manual for timing specs, just need to figure out the right plug?

·
Registered
36 Posts
No TPS issue will make your sled run bad at High RPM but Normal at idle. I would start taking harness apart looking for issues maybe a shorted or open wire causing issues... Check injector female plug and Ecm Plugs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok compression test, both cylinders up to 120ish but don't hold they leak down right away? Is this an engine job needed?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I usually dont do leak down on two strokes... Not exactly acurate. 120 psi Isn't bad. brand new and depending on elevation you would get around 129 psi so your doing ok... I still think we are missing something.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No i did not do a leak down test, not sure what I was trying to say??
The tester I was using was leaking down and I was thinking it was air leaking past rings, not thinking straight.
Still lost what to check?
In the manual it states for the timing sensor certain wires but I do not seem to find the right colors in the harness?
This morning it idles on mag side and as soon as I give throttle it quits?
I un plugged handle bar cable to eliminate TSS.
I feel I need to start replacing parts to figure this out, but what do you suggest I start with??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Just back from dealer, they loaned me another ECU, from a sled they had, I started it prior to changing wires, no go, no throttle, and running mag side only.
Switched wires to the other ECU and away it went, I could not get it to flaw no matter what I did.
Switched back to original and problems returned.

Bad ECU is the issue, so do I have any solutions other than factory replacement??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts