Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would very much appreciate any ideas/help. 07 Cf 8 randomly cuts out, once dying completely on a 3 day trip out west last week. Only happens once an hour maybe, usually on bumps. I think its electrical.

I unplugged the yellow-brown-yellow three wire connecter coming off the ccu and the left receiving hole looks burnt/corroded really bad. Could that case the intermittent stalling/dying? I'm pretty sure this plug is for the lighting coils, so not sure how that would affect the sled running. I've got a great pic of the plug, but dont know how to attach it to this post :(

If that's not it, any thoughts on what wires/plugs to check. It's damn frustrating!

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Check the wires to see if they are shorted to the chassis. My dads sled was grounded out on all three of those wires. It's definety not right now getting hot like that

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 1999 thundercat would die out for a split second like you turned the key off while riding and then it would take off again. Never had it die completely. My Cousin told me that he had one of his cats do that and it was a bad kill switch. I unplugged the wiring going to my kill switch and it never did it again. I always shut my sleds off with the key anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts