Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone could help me set up my heel clicker clutch kit. I own a '98 zr carbed 600 with a 136 in. longtrack conversion on it. I bought a Heel Clicker clutch kit running the 50-7 weights with a heel clicker roller secondary cover, spring and helix. The HC setup for a standard ZR setup calls for 4 grams in the tip, 0 grams in the middle, and 2.2 grams in the shoulder. Turned the secondary spring in the lowest setting and was running too high of rpms due to the gearing being setup for a powder special which runs different than ZR gearing and engagement rpm was too low. No problem, I added 4 grams to the center brought my top rpms right to about 8300 and put 1.2 grams in the shoulder instead of the 2.2. My problem is the clutch is shifting way too hard if I dont hammer the throttle and get the rpms up high enough and quick enough for total shift out. My engagement rpm is at about 4600 which I think is perfect but if I just cruise it out of the hole instead of hammering it its just sounds underpowered and weak. I have been told by others that if I transfer some of the 4 grams of weight on the tip to the shoulder that that will help. Any suggestions would be appreciated or if someone else is running a similar setup and they wouldn't mind sharing some information that would be great. Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts