Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I need help, can anyone tell me a part number for heavier torsion springs for my Viper. I live in NY and my sled just got here and my dealer sells Yamaha only. I weigh 300 LBS so I am not sure if the suspension can handle the wieght. Any information you can give me would be apreciated.:huh:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Your stock suspension will handle 300lb, but it will probably wear the springs out faster. Definitely will help to get the shocks re-valved. I am sure you would be able to get stiffer springs from a local Cat dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fast 440 thank you I found the answer on this site. XF 9,8,7 all use the same rear spring stock #1704-577/576 the heavier spring #1704-560/561 and even heavier #1704-710/711. The only reason I found it was no one was answering the question which was at there figure tips. So I went surfing and also called a dealer to verify my answer. The Viper and the XF's suspension are the same so now every one will have the answerCat happy.

·
Super Moderator
8,272 Posts
Fast 440 thank you I found the answer on this site. XF 9,8,7 all use the same rear spring stock #1704-577/576 the heavier spring #1704-560/561 and even heavier #1704-710/711. The only reason I found it was no one was answering the question which was at there figure tips. So I went surfing and also called a dealer to verify my answer. The Viper and the XF's suspension are the same so now every one will have the answerCat happy.
good deal.. i would shoot hygear a call as well. the stock sleds from cat are set up for a 185 pound rider. You being big boy, I would also re valve the shocks for your weight. You will be much happier with the sled in the long run.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I weigh 275 plus gear and have my rear blocks set at 1 soft and 1 medium,perfect sag.I also put a Raptor center spring on and had Carver do all of my shocks. The weak link for me was the center shock and spring.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 2009 arctic cat 800 cc crossfire R - the suspension springs [1704-576, 1704-577] don't support my 350#s - where can i get some thjat will take care of my problem?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts