Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Heated Grips?

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

· Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Went ahead with the install and thanks to this thread and those who replied it went well. The only snag I hit was removing the end caps. after finishing the install, I couldn't get the end caps back on. Then I read somewhere in the instructions not to remove them, only loosen them. (oops) It seems like the bolts are way to short to screw back in which makes no sense. I ended up using the silicone sealer and put a good gob on and slapped them back in.

Thanks for the help everyone! :beer_cheers:

Mike

· Premium Member
1,881 Posts
NP! Glad everything worked out!
( I too pulled the bolts out. Had to "fish" out the the other end out of the handlebars......ended up using a hack-saw blade to get the sucker to pull them out) DOUGH!

I too missed the whole 'LOOSEN ONLY" part. I dunno

· Premium Member
1,561 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cupsz71 @ Nov 9 2008, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
NP! Glad everything worked out!
( I too pulled the bolts out. Had to "fish" out the the other end out of the handlebars......ended up using a hack-saw blade to get the sucker to pull them out) DOUGH!

I too missed the whole 'LOOSEN ONLY" part. I dunno[/b]
I realized what they were after I did this. I forget the name but the two pieces slide together and both are cut at a 45 degree angle. As you tighten the bolt, they slide on each other making a snug fit inside the pipe. I didn't think of trying to fish the suckers out. The sealant should work. if they loosen up then ill try to fish the suckers out of there.

Then again, if your only suppose to loosen them, how the heck are you gonna slip the new grips over the thing? I used the hair dryer to soften them up to slip them on but to get over the end cap? yeah right.

Mike

· Premium Member
129 Posts
LOL did the same thing!! turn the screw out 4,5 turns , break the end cap loose, they slid out. that brass pice is a vibration damper so the dealer said. cut the grips off !! i put gell grips on nice and soft.....

· Registered
6,868 Posts
Voted yes, my GF just got me a set of arctic cat heated grips for my B-day today. Gotta love a woman like that

· Registered
2,153 Posts
I have had four sets of the Moose brand handwarmers and hate them. The switches are junk as I have to have them in stock over the winter. They don't get very hot. I am switching to the OEM AC hand and thumb warmer.

· Premium Member
202 Posts
I just removed a set I got from Cabella's made by Mad Dog and replaced them with the AC
version with thumb warmer. They heat up faster and have 2 heat settings.
Easy to install. I bought better grips (Scott) than the cheap ones that came with the AC kit.
The AC grips seemed real stiff and I didn't want to do any damage to the heating
elements. If you stab a small hole in the end of the grips (aftermarket style grips) it lets the air
out when appling the 2nd grip. Scott makes a good grip glue too.

· Premium Member
1,561 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hazelcad @ Dec 9 2008, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just removed a set I got from Cabella's made by Mad Dog and replaced them with the AC
version with thumb warmer. They heat up faster and have 2 heat settings.
Easy to install. I bought better grips (Scott) than the cheap ones that came with the AC kit.
The AC grips seemed real stiff and I didn't want to do any damage to the heating
elements. If you stab a small hole in the end of the grips (aftermarket style grips) it lets the air
out when appling the 2nd grip. Scott makes a good grip glue too.[/b]

Before I installed the new grips I warmed them up with a hair dryer to soften them. Worked like a champ! They just slid on with ease.

Mike

· Premium Member
63 Posts
Cycle Country Grips, about $40.00. Best investment ever made for my ride. Even bought my Uncle a set for a new Polaris he just got. :D :D

· Premium Member
805 Posts
i need a set for my old honda :( but it does not make the power to run the winch and warmers :(

o well i will get them on the new bike ( when i get it sometime in the next 10 years )

· Premium Member
18,742 Posts
I've had them on all my quads. Had them without and "toughed it out", but once I got them man o' man was that a huge difference. This quad I have now doesn't have them yet...but I just got some so I'll have them on and installed soon enough.

· Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Can't you guys that pulled them out to far just get longer screws to get them to grab again? Is there something internal that prevents this?

· Premium Member
687 Posts
when i put my deluxe ac hand/thumb warmers on i loosened one side all the way and had to fish the aluminum piece out,,,i found an easy solution,,an air compressor with a blow nozzle tip,,it shot that sucker out like a rocket

· Registered
162 Posts
Just installed my second set of Moose grips. First install sucked, this time I followed the instructions.... apply WD40 as it says, lots and multiple times, heat the grips somehow... clean the bars. Someone complained about the lights being too bright, press both buttons to change between day/night.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.