Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Heated Grips?

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

· Registered
4,929 Posts
catmandoo: the heat elemont glue is fine, just peil back and stick on and work around bars, i personally would let sit for a bit then slide on your soaked/heated grip and leave alone. the glue if you used any would be on the bars (either side of element) not the element

· Premium Member
749 Posts
As usual Kevin thanks for the info as I want all to go well , I may wait for the weather to warm up a little before I play with the grips of course thats what the boiling water is about, now if I could figure a way to warm my self up as I work outside .

· Registered
5,691 Posts
Another good way to put the grips on is with hairspray, when it dries it remains sticky. Also if you want to reuse the stock grips and dont want to cut them some compressed normally helps releasing them from the handlebars. I used grip glue and also twisted small wire around each end of the grips to keep them from moving. Wouldn't suggest the wire with the heated elements since I push the ends up into the grips.

A couple year ago I bought my dad and brother some heated grips for X-mas, when they came in I wasn't to impressed with them. They weren't an element that went under the stock grips but a whole replacement grip that was made of hard plastic. To keep them on the bars you drilled a hole into the bar and used a self tapping screw. The ol'man like them and has no problems but my brother opted for the elements since the hard grips wouldn't be ideal for aggressive riding or wet conditions. I've yet to get a set for my hunting buggy (Honda TRX 250) so it just has a lonely thumb warmer :( :lol:

· Premium Member
1,699 Posts
I just bought the kit from my dealer and it came with new arctic cat grips along with the hand and thumb warmers and wiring harness that plugs right into the existing harness under the front cowling

· Registered
5,691 Posts
Anyone ever use carb cleaner to install their grips? I just picked up the new issue of Quad magazine and in one of their tip sections they suggest using carb cleaner to instal the grips. Apparently it melts the rubber to the handle bars I dunno Never heard of that method until now.

· Registered
111 Posts
I installed the A/C brand hand/thumb warmer kit and was so impressed that I bought the wife a set also.
Over 3 winters and 2,300 miles and no issues so far .
If I keep the '07 h-1 , It too will have them.

DUHNIS

· Registered
327 Posts
I just installed my A/C hand and thumb warmers tonight. Just a couple of questions.

I reused the old grips because I didn't like the new ones. I just rolled them back. I used hairspray like I've seen everybody else do, but the grips slide all over. Did I put too much hairspray on them? How long does it normally take for it to dry?

Also, apparently the accessory plug on the front of the 07 H1's are not switched. I hooked into the power wire for it and the warmers worked even when the key was off so I had to remove it and put it on an ignition wire.

Thanks.

· Registered
1,675 Posts
They are a must have for winter riding. I use to tuff it out but not anymore. Great modd.

· Registered
465 Posts
I use PVC plumbing cement on all of my grips. It almost acts like a lubricant to push them on, gives you 1-2 minutes to position them right, and sets up perminatley in less than 5 minutes. The other good thing is that for about $3.50, you can do about a zillion grips! thumbguy -Craig

· Registered
12 Posts
i put moose brand hand and thumb warmerz on and the options are great for heat range but i wasent sure on how to turn them off so i put in a switch. i learned after that u hold the button for a while and it shuts down. great heat but the lights are so bright its almost too much at night. thier the same price as ac warmers i think and work great. good luck!! take care

· Registered
150 Posts
I have the factory AC heated thumb/heated grips and just love them. Gets cold up here in Manitoba and I'll always have the heated grips.

· Registered
88 Posts
hand grip and thumb warmer here :thumbsup: with a set of handlebar mittens as well.

high and low settings, most of the time it is on low, those babies get hot.

thinking about putting a set on the grips on my backseat. Anyone have them ?

· Registered
43 Posts
I live about 800k's north of the Canada US border, don't have hand warmers yet, but swear by them, and hand guards too. Both great investments.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.