Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Heated Grips?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Never had them until this last fall. I then went on a late fall ride, and vowed NEVER to have an ATV without them ever again. They really make a ride on a cold day very enjoyable. Once my hands are cold, the ride goes "south" from there on out. The AC heated grips that are on my H1 that I bought aren't as good as the ones I had on my V2, but they still work fine.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have the ac hand/thumb warmers and love them. Have to turn them down becasue my hands get too hot.

·
Registered
477 Posts
i have the ac hand and thumb warmers and don't leave home without them.
nothing beats warm hands on a cool ride.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
They have always been the first thing that I add to all my machines.

p.s. don't forget the thumb warmer also.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Have 'em, love 'em. Just put a set on my father-in-laws bike too.

·
Registered
456 Posts
put some on mine this winter and love them. I have to relocate the hot wire that goes off with the switch(drained my battery a couple of times when I forgot to shut them off). I liked them so much I just got a thumb warmer to add to the comfort. I got the swisher brand and they work realy well.The grips don't reqire any glue upon installation and onece on don't slip. They are a great inhancement to any atv who's owner likes to ride when the temeratures fall. Age may be making me soft,but I won't go without a set of warmers on any of my machines anymore.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Hi Kevin, I just bought the AC brand and haven't installed yet, did you use glue on the grips or do they go on tight enough ??? No glue provided in the kit, I've read where guys use everything from silicone to wd40 to get the grips on so I guessed they didn't use glue. Let us know, thanks

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
first set i installed i used the glue, and a year later go to use the glue on my wife's 500 and the glue is hard as a rock in the bottle so i didn't use the glue and they seem to be fine but i have very limited use since the install (5-8miles at the most) because i put the plow on hers but it hasn't snowed yet this season.

they are a tight fit, might want to put the grips in some hot water when you are doing the wireing, then dry them off and should slide on a bit easier since the rubber is a tad more flexable. i put them on my wood stove but for obvous reason i won't recommend that.

spray adheasive glue would also work imo, but remember they fit tight on just a plain bar, now add the heat element there real tight.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Catmandoo:
I put a set on both our AC bikes, did without them the first year because I couldnt find the right high temp glue because nobody makes it. First off, cut off the original rubber AC grips, clean the handlebar to a smooth finish, apply the heating element which is equipped with a very strong adhesive after you peel off the backing, when the heater is installed on the handlebar, spread clear silicone all over the handle where the grip will go and push the grip on carefully ligning up the Arctic Cat lettering to your liking. reinstall your end caps.

hope this helps

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I used a universal glue for mine it worked great to hold the grips on.. I wouldn't own a sled or a wheeler for that matter without heated grips living in northern Minnesota, the best thing since sliced bread I think..

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
So the heating elements glue is not good enough to hold on itself?? Did anyone just use the glue from the element backing and it worked?? I'm asking these questions obviously because I want it to work the first time as using glue is a rough deal if it goes bad.

·
Registered
64 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Catmandooo @ Feb 5 2007, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So the heating elements glue is not good enough to hold on itself?? Did anyone just use the glue from the element backing and it worked?? I'm asking these questions obviously because I want it to work the first time as using glue is a rough deal if it goes bad.[/b]
I rolled back the original grips as I hate the looks and feel of the new grips. Installed the elements using the factory glue on the elements and rolled the original grip back on. Maybe 300-400 miles after install and have NO issues of grip slip. Done this on my 2 machines. Works great.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (oldmancrash @ Feb 5 2007, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Catmandooo @ Feb 5 2007, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So the heating elements glue is not good enough to hold on itself?? Did anyone just use the glue from the element backing and it worked?? I'm asking these questions obviously because I want it to work the first time as using glue is a rough deal if it goes bad.[/b]
I rolled back the original grips as I hate the looks and feel of the new grips. Installed the elements using the factory glue on the elements and rolled the original grip back on. Maybe 300-400 miles after install and have NO issues of grip slip. Done this on my 2 machines. Works great.
[/b][/quote]

I just rolled mine back and didn't use any glue at all. Mine are holding tight after 14-1500 miles.

I won't go without heated grips.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I will never have a Quad without them again. I got the ones made by Moose and all you do is remove the old ones, clean bars, then soak inside of grips with WD-40. After you slide them on the head evaporates the WD-40 and they are on for good. Plus the grips are nice.

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
grip glue?, YES. it's easy and permanent, I have used contact adhesive in the past on snowmobile grips and they came loose after the hand grips warmed up, NOT GOOD.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts