Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
The dealer uses the switched acc. plug near the steering column. It is the same one they use for the winch controls. You could tie into this directly if you have no other load or use this to pull in a relay and bring a fused wire from the battery. On both of my bikes (different dealers) which came with heated grips they used this switched acc. plug.

WC

·
Registered
176 Posts
My dealer used the ignition, but when he installed it it grounded out one of the wires for the warmers. So now when I try to turn on the grip warmers it blows the ignition fuse. I called and he said he'd fix it for free. I think the reason he used the ignition was so that they could only be on when the engine is running, and wouldnt drain the battery if left on.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
I have mine on the ACC circuit.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
With the switched acc. plug when the key is off the hand/thumb warmers are off.

WC

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
My dealer did the same way as WalkingCrow, here is a pic if it helps any.

p.s. Picture was taken for a winch issue, the handwarmer wires are on the left (RED, YELLOW) wires, you know where I'm telling people to ignore in the picture..... lol

[attachment=61350:wiring__rocker_.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Not to put down the Cat handwarmers but they are the :turd: you only have 2 settings on them melt or burn.....
I do have them on my bike and it will be my last set ....cost to much other brans are $ 40 less ...
and you can't turn them down lower you have to turn them off after a short time ....is the a switch you can put in .....I see others in my Club with warmers with a switch to
lower the heat....
SM Cat :cabinsno:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Are the hand warmers a dealer only part? I've tried doing some searching around this morning and I cant seem to find anything. Where are you guys getting them?
SM, what other brand would you reccommend?
Thanks in advance,
Jason

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Have the arctic cat hand warmers and love them. Have had a couple sets of them on our 500's.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I put a set on made by Moose, they are good and come with a nice rocker switch. I also wired in a thumb warmer that I got from the dealer

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Well I've been impressed with my A/C handwarmers, I usually can find a good temperature in either high or low.

MaxFarmer: If you have an 07 accessories catalogue look on page 18 in the bottom half of the page. Arctic Cat handwarmers are part# 0436-352 - All years from 96-07. $87.95CDN not sure of US prices.

A good investment in my opinion.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The Arctic Cat hand warmers work awesome. I got them on my EFI. They come with a thumb warmer too. I've had a couple of cheap sets, but they would only work for a month or 2. I found the AC ones on ebay pretty cheap, there is a guy on there that sells the for 64 bucks and free shipping. Thats where I got mine.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I see most of the riders in my Club use Kimpex Handlebar Grip Heater ....
The Cat heaters work but I find even on low they get so hot I have to turn them off .
If there was a dial you can turn down the power......That is where I find the Cat
heaters are not best ....only if I can put a dial in will I be 100 % happy with them...
SM Cat badcomputer

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts