Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 zr 600 efi and the heat exchangers are not giving off any heat but my hoses are "red" hot and the temp light comes on. could this be due to a faulty/worn out thermostat at first I didnt know what was goin on the fuel injectors were just flooding the moter with fuel so it wouldnt rev up and my temp warning light wouldnt come on. but anyway If you can help me with any ideas why the exchangers are not warming up that would be excellent. thanks

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Maybe make sure the front is raised up nice and high to get the coolant into the heat exchangers. could have an airlock.

Oh ya, and Happy Birthday! :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh yeah my birthday thanks (20) . I tried the elevating the front thing but I have put on over 300 miles since I put in new coolant. Do air locks just happen I always thought that there had to be a way for air to get in in the first place. thanks again.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Pretty unlikley you have a bad impeller in the water pump. I still would re-verify that yo do not have an air lock someware. Also pull the thermostat out and put it together with out it in the system. Then run it at idle and see if there as any coolant flow to the rear exchangers. They should get warm to the touch. If so then replace the thermostat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts