Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2005 arctic cat 500 and wondering do they make chrome or black headlight covers? also if u can post a link too them that would be great. Finally, what are your opinions on using black spray tint on them?

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Best option for spray tinting them is plasti dip smoke. Spray on tint that is removable when you want to with no headlight damage at all

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
no one does

·
Administrator
40,631 Posts
You can use window tint for cars as well

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
sorry i was wrong arctic cat did make chrome covers...not sure if they still do or not but my dealer has a set in stock i may pick up

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
the chrome ones scratch really easy as soon as dirt or dust get between with cover and your headlight

·
Administrator
8,013 Posts
These are the chrome covers that scratched like crazy. I ended up painting them semi gloss black, they are held on with velcro.

Attachments

·
Administrator
40,631 Posts
These are the chrome covers that scratched like crazy. I ended up painting them semi gloss black, they are held on with velcro.
I hope Frank doesn't find out you use Velcro !!

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts

·
Administrator
8,013 Posts
If you get Krylon paint for plastic, ( got it at Walmart of all places) you should be all set. it sticks very good to plastic. I did the suspension wheels on my snowmobile w/o any prep and they still look great after one season of riding and they take a ton of abuse from snow/ice. I was impressed at how well they look.
semi gloss looks good on those covers, or you could try to match the color of your quad????
I went with the chrome look for about 2 years, the chrome started to wear off from the back side. Sand-dirt gets behind it and scratches them. So I painted them and they look great, had them for over 6 years now. Just wipe them down with a grease remover, let them dry and spray away<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.