Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
posted this earlier today, but in wrong forum. sled is '05 sabercat 600efi, ext. Has most every bolt on part, including clutching (done by local guru, who has now vanished)!! Purchased BMP stealth pipe and billet head kit last season. Installed pipe and had incredible gains throughout band. Next day installed head kit, expecting another gain. No such luck. Dropped low end, mid range ok, top end pulled hard. Possible that the head kit caused loss of power (similar to some cans)??? Or sound more like I need to add a few grams to the clutch??
thanks!!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
We didn't find any gains on a premium pump gas head for the laydown 600's firecat, m-series, x-fire for bellow 5000'. So we do not offer one.

If you are above 5000' we would run our 14:1 kit and you would see some gains for sure.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks speedwerx,
makes sense, I ride michigan. probably should've talked with you earlier!! you mentioned "on premium pump gas." what if the octane #'s increased? would this compliment the head?
Also, looking into a "mild port" on the cylinders. any suggestions, anyone??

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
firecat606, Best trail safe mods for that sled are our single pipe, clutch kit w/ hi-perf belt, high flow intake and timing key. These mods are 100 % trail safe and require no fuel controller. You will need to run 91 + octane.

Cord, If running 110 + octane we could run our 14:1 head and then yes you would see some gains but I would not suggest it for trail. As for the porting we can squeeze about 3 hp out of the 600 cyls. with out killing the bottom end power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts