Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crossfire vs HCR Can I get your opinions?
Guys,

I've got it narrowed down (at least I think so) to a 2011 HCR and 2011 CrossFire Sno Pro. I've been on both sleds and they are both awesome. Can you help me out as to what you think you would be better for me?

I live in North Dakota and mostly go up to the Bottineau area and ride in the Turtle Mountains (glorified hills). Plenty of powder usually, but a 141 would def be big enough. The only thing is that I want go out west to the mountains more. Will a crossfire be worth anything out there?

I'm looking at the HCR b/c of the harder track which it seems would hold up better on the trails and running over tree stumps that are buried just enough. Also, the wider front than the M would help on the trails too right?

The difference in price is just a couple hundred so that's not a huge thing. Lots of guys use mountain sleds up there that never go out west, but I'm not sure if its worth it. I just don't want to be the one out west everyone has to help dig out. If you guys would give your thoughts that would be huge!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was in a similar boat this fall. Choice was between a new in crate 2011 m8 hrc, m8 sno pro ltd 153 or crossfire sno pro ltd (with the 2-1/4" track). One thing to think about with the hcr is it only has the front cooler...no rear cooler as the m8 ltd and crossfire has (correct me if i am wrong). If you do much for trail riding you might want to stay away from the HCR then. I ended up with the M8 ltd as I wanted a track long enough for when I do head to the mountains and I actually prefer the narrow ski stance (the crossfire and HCR should have the same ski stance as well). If the crossfire comes with the 2-1/4" powder track that would be my choice...just my $0.02...unless you can find a M8 sno pro with the 153" track.

Reactions: pshirek
1 - 2 of 2 Posts