Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I'd like to introduce my self, I'm new to here and figured I'd join to share my stories, knowledge, and get others input as well. But onto the question: I've finally gotten the "OK" from the wife to get a side by side. I have it down to the Stampede and the Havoc. The wife of course would rather me go with the Stampede as it's priced a little cheaper and I of course want the Havoc. We have acreage and what ever we get will be used for light work on the property but we will definitely be taking it up in the Colorado mountains with the father in law's Honda Pioneer. I have not done any test rides in either one which I'm not sure I couldn't get the full affect of either one in a parking lot. Anyone have experience with the Stampede and or put the Stampede up against the Havoc. Clearly the havoc should handle better but how is the Stampede?

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Full of Mud had a post about his new Havoc a few days ago, seems very positive. 100 HP should be about right! You just have to figure out how to talk the wife into the "practical" reason, hehe.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
If you don't travel at a good amount of speed most of the time, then the extra suspension and HP really doesn't matter much. That's my thoughts on the AC Wildcat when it first came out and how I view the 1000cc High Output, super suspension machines. If your going to just work around the acreage and trail cruise then go stampede. If your going to push the speed and terrain then go Havoc. Both are impressive machines.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have rode the stampede about 600 km.
Worked fantastic and on the grass turf mode is great.
It has the bench seat and 80 hp

Havoc has the bucket seats 100 hp and king shocks

Both great machines

Webb motor and clutching make smooth power

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: been pricing them out locally for the past few days and believe it or not found a Kia dealership selling em, figured what the hell I’ll Just pop in and check out their prices. BEST prices by far! Picked up the blue stickered havoc for under 17, Got the roof and split windshield boot. Met the owner (super nice guy). After speaking to him for some time he informed me the only reason why he sells these is so he can play and says he’s happy making a few hundred bucks, who really knows what his profit is but I feel like I got a good deal..but it was good news for me as I couldn’t touch the blue stickered one alone for that price at other dealers let alone any for that price with the windshield and roof. After getting it home I took it out and this thing is a blast. I’ve got a long dirt road and this thing just keeps going. Think I got it up to 66 but my eyes were mainly on the road and it still had juice left in the tank. Little squirrelly but amazing at the power. I then took it out in the field and it sucked up bumps great. The seat is a little on the uncomfortable side but I’ve heard that can be addressed by remounting it forward a bit. For now I’ll use it around here and I’ll keep y’all updated on how she handles. Hopefully I’ll make it to the mountains here in a few weeks and see how it does. The gadge is great, nicely illuminated and I thought the USB ports was a nice touch and there are quite a few storage bins. So far so good but there’s not even a full hour on it yet so only time will tell how the “mechanics” hold up. 2 year warranty should take care of that for a while anyways.

·
5,963 Posts
After riding both I like the stampede better. Bench seat was way nicer than the buckets. The seating position for me was just off

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
19,995 Posts
I agree with Eric ⬆

I’d go stampede long before Havoc just based on the ‘Pede being more “utility” friendly. (And the fact that the parts for a serious crash repair are currently hard to get from textron, as it seems like nearly everything is on B/O until next year??)

·
5,963 Posts
I would maybe be interested in a havoc with a bench seat..... Hint hint

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The dealer is called peak Kia north. I’ll have to pull out the paper work/business card to find out what the town but it’s roughly Greely CO. The seat is not the most comfortable as I stated before but I’ve read if you move the butt portion forward that fixes that. One other thing I noticed were the brakes as they could be beefed up a bit more. I honestly conserved the 4 seater stampede but we have 1 trailer and that was entirely way to long and couldn’t put the father in laws Honda pioneer and that so length was a consideration. One other thing is the “turf mode” would have been nice, but i don’t have nice grass so it’s not a big deal. They stampede is more of a work horse but when you look at the numbers they both hold the same weight, pull the same, with the big difference being motor and suspension.

·
5,963 Posts
Where will the riding be done? The havoc is a vehicle that will Accel over the stampede in higher speed terrains.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mainly just around the house but I’ll most likely take it up into the mountains 2-3 times a year. Got a camping trip planned for Labor Day weekend so that will be the weekend I get so see how it really does

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well looks like I'll be without the Havoc for a while as it looks like I've been hit with the clutch gremlin. It's not wanting to shift into gears while at idle and it's happening more frequently so off it goes to the dealership. They looked it up yesterday and told me it did not have the recall on it. These guys are super nice but first told me it had been done, then told me it was not part of the recall. 20 miles and away it goes. They'd better just do the recall/update/replace it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I dropped off the havoc today for clutch issues. Owner decided to let me take a wildcat home while they look into the clutch. I can’t believe they did this! Not only did I get two emails back from Textron, a phone call from Textron, and the dealership to offer a 1000 wildcat for me to take home while they work on mine. Customer service alone is worth the small hassle of Althea issue of a clutch. I can’t rave enough about this Textron or the dealership where purchased. I promise you can am would never do this. Who the heck loans side by sides out while yours is getting worked on. ? And by the way, the wild cat is awesome. If I wanted a toy, this would be the one I would get. If anyone wants the info where I purchased mine message me. Odd as it’s technically a car dealership but these guys rock!

·
Administrator
19,995 Posts
That Turf-mode isn’t only for saving turf, it also lessen’s the load(s) on several key drive components when the vehicle is being operated on any type of terrain (concrete/asphalt/stonecrete) where the rear axle doesn’t allow for differences in tire circumferences when turning.

Therefore, lengthening the life span on many items over a long period of time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First off I'd like to introduce my self, I'm new to here and figured I'd join to share my stories, knowledge, and get others input as well. But onto the question: I've finally gotten the "OK" from the wife to get a side by side. I have it down to the Stampede and the Havoc. The wife of course would rather me go with the Stampede as it's priced a little cheaper and I of course want the Havoc. We have acreage and what ever we get will be used for light work on the property but we will definitely be taking it up in the Colorado mountains with the father in law's Honda Pioneer. I have not done any test rides in either one which I'm not sure I couldn't get the full affect of either one in a parking lot. Anyone have experience with the Stampede and or put the Stampede up against the Havoc. Clearly the havoc should handle better but how is the Stampede?
I bought 2019 stampede X hunters edition.. bad to the bone. I've always had arctic cat ATV's. My first sxs. Very fast and smooth.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts