Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Of course this goes with my old saying....

If you can’t bewilder them with brain, baffle them with B.S.
Sounds like me, LOL I tend to suffer from Textual Diarrhea on this forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I know I read somewhere bout a starter problem to get some kind of dynotech thing... does any body know if that would.cause no spark at the plugs

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I know I read somewhere bout a starter problem to get some kind of dynotech thing... does any body know if that would.cause no spark at the plugs
Don't know what you are asking, No starter problem is solved
with a Dynotech thing that I know of, but I have a Dynotek DFS 10-8 and the adjustable fuel timing module for sale cheap
if you need it.

There are a few things that may be happening.
Did it get wet????? are any connectors wet.the fender plastic needs to be pulled to get to all of them, blow them all dry
including the plug that goes to the Pod.
Did you bend a contact pin or push a pin back into the ECU connector when you were cleaning the ECU.
Is the Wiring harness broken somewhere.
Is the Crankshaft position sensor operating correctly.
Did the ECU go bad (Doubtful)
Are all the fuses and relays good.

Odds are that it is something simple, and odds are that there is
only one thing wrong.

Good luck figuring it out.

JERRY

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
OK... I got it started last night.. it ran but soon as I throttle just a lil bit it
cuts off dies out.. I can start it back up but same

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Not sure what's going now... I cleaned all.connectors and stuff like that.. I'm.just glad it starts now... and what exactly does that programmer u were talking about do.. and how much

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Not sure what's going now... I cleaned all.connectors and stuff like that.. I'm.just glad it starts now... and what exactly does that programmer u were talking about do.. and how much
The programmer Dynatek DFS 10-8 is supposed to make the ignition and fuel
delivery adjustable,when the DRSP-1 is added, in reality it works really well for the
first time you start the engine, then each time you restart,
the engine runs worse and worse - I wouldn't sell it to
you even if you offered me a fortune, I like to have it setting
on my shelf to remind me that you can't trust anyone. Dynatek
is a part of Dynojet. The Dynojet Power commanders seem to work well
for adjusting fuel, but the Dynatek does not work on my 08
Thundercat and at least 5 others that I know of. The new Dynojet Power Commander V can be had with
Auto tune or Dual Auto tune and has the capability of adjusting
the spark advance or retard, I do not have personal experience
with using this product but have not read about anyone having
problems. Just Google or E.Bay Power commander V with Dual auto tune
It retails for around $700.00

Glad the engine started.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I got it started last night.. it ran but soon as I throttle just a lil bit it
cuts off dies out.. I can start it back up but same
Beginning to sound like a fuel delivery problem now, check fuel pressure make sure it is 42 lbs +/- a lb or two, check fuel filter make sure it is flowing full volume. Partially plugged injectors? You could also check the TPS to make sure it is in adjustment and check again for efi AC codes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
OK.. bike still starts and idles fine but when gave throttle is dies... starts right back up but dies soon as I hit the gas... and also I as trying to adjust the tps. But when I am adjusting it the mark doesn't move on the pod... am I doing something wrong and Thank u all for the help u have provided me with already

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
OK.. bike still starts and idles fine but when gave throttle is dies... starts right back up but dies soon as I hit the gas... and also I as trying to adjust the tps. But when I am adjusting it the mark doesn't move on the pod... am I doing something wrong and Thank u all for the help u have provided me with already

Possibly because the signal output wire is broken between the sensor and the ECU. Believe it would be the Green/Black wire? If that wire is broken where the ECU does not know that you are opening the throttle it will not add additional gas and die or stumble with increased throttle.

Should be 3 wires to the sensor that are connected to the ECU, Sensor ground, Sensor power and sensor output. Sensor power is approximately 5 volt between the sensor power and sensor ground wire, Sensor output varies between 0.6 volts to about 4 volts depending upon throttle position, if the ECU does not see the voltage of the output wire vary, then the adjustment indicator line will NOT move when you try to adjust it. It will also Not move if you actuate the throttle.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a similar problem, mine 08 tcat h2 strarts and drives but starts to sputter at 15mph and wont go passed it, i cant figure it out and either can the local shops in town plz help!

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I had luck with changing my spark plug wires. There is a resistor
in the stock plug wires that does not allow enough amperage through
to adequately fire the spark plug.

I went to the automotive store O'Reillys and searched through
their spark plug wires until I found a couple of 8MM x 12" spark plug
wires, I cut off the end of each one and screwed it into the stock
coil, then ran the wire to the spark plug and snapped it on. No
Resistor and the engine has run great since.

Do not use Champion plugs.

Just regular NGK work fine.

PLEASE let us know what worked for you to solve the
problem that way we won't have to reinvent the wheel each time
someone has a problem , maybe someone else has already solved it.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts