Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay guys have you seen the new yamaha viper its a pritty good looking cat. so i geusse cat bought yamaha or a good potion of it .:huh:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Somehow I doubt cat bought Yamaha if anything it would likely be the other way around. Keep in mind Yamaha is a worldwide company that makes tons of stuff but yeah they look a lot alike.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
should be good engins but im think a turbo engin would be nice and a new 2 stroke i hear is comming too.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Flash forward, Haydays. Sat on these sleds last weekend and all I can say is wow! If the Yammi guys can swallow their pride and accept there's a little green in their veins now, this should really answer their requests for a new chassis regarding the aging Apex sleds.

Personally, I like the black tunnels of the Yammis over Cats aluminum. The rest of the sled would not match my gear though, lol. I guess the biggest difference btwn the two is the clutching. Hopefully I'll get a chance to ride both models with the Yammi engine to compare.

When the Yammi rep was asked about the possibility of putting their supercharger (or is it a turbo??) on this model, he kindly said "we just want to get these sleds on the snow first to make sure we got it right."

I think both companies are going to really benefit from this endeavor. FWIW, when I was there, the Cat and Yammi tents were full of people, not so much at the Doo and Poo tents.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
I noticed the same thing at Hay Days- the Yamaha and Cat booths were packed with people. There is no question that this is a great deal for both companies. No one even paid attention to the Apex and Nytro at Hay Days. Who would even want to buy one of those now?

I have to say I really loved the looks of the new Vipers at Hay Days (in red especially).

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yamaha offers both a turbo and supercharger for that motor. I believe the turbo is geared more for the mountain crowd and the supercharger for flatlanders. American Snowmobiler had a Nitro with the supercharger in last years test fleet.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
I really liked the red/black 137" they had there too. I could definitely live with that one. Having the option down the road for more power would be the deal maker. As is, it's going to be a great trail sled, IMO.

Did you guys notice how many different track lengths there are across both lineups?!?!?!?! That had to be a nightmare for the product and supply mgrs. Seems crazy to me, with many of them being only 2 or 3" different.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
I wonder if the shock valving will be different in the Viper? Usually, Yamahas are pretty cushy on their valving.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yamahas have been ahead in motor tecnology for years dependable with signing deals with artic cat to swap for chassis tecnology should bring both companies better profit

·
Registered
42 Posts
Why arctic why ????

to me whos about to turn 50 and rode my first cat at age 7 and now owns 8 cats its a sad day . to me arctic is like the "Harley Davidson " of snowmobiles. why arctic is "sleeping" with Yamaha makes me sick. but for Yamaha guys you should be happy! now you guys have the best manufacterd chassis in the industry !I dunno

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
to me whos about to turn 50 and rode my first cat at age 7 and now owns 8 cats its a sad day . to me arctic is like the "Harley Davidson" of snowmobiles. why arctic is "sleeping" with Yamaha makes me sick. but for Yamaha guys you should be happy! now you guys have the best manufacterd chassis in the industry !I dunno
How is that?
?? Over priced, underpowered and using dated technology?

·
Super Moderator
9,099 Posts
Yamaha now might actually win a race in sno cross eventually again
There is a funny little story about that venture. Buy one of the sleds built for their race program. They are rare and legit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts