Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning a trip there in May for my mom & dad, my in-laws, my sister and her husband, and me and the wife. Actually it's just going to be us guys out on the trails. The women-folk are going to stay behind at the rental house.

Anyways... We're going to the Browning Fork Trails and will be staying in Gilbert. I'm looking for any information from those that have been there about anything that I should be on the lookout for. You know. Anything really cool that I have to see or check out. Any and all info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Not worthy:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Went there in may of 05 with my new 04 650le had a lot of fun, trails are from veryyyyyyyy easy to hard.Green easy blue a little harder, black the hardest. I found the black trails the most fun, but some in my group did not care for the black trails. Get a map at the trail head and pay for your ride also,you can ride your bike in town just follow the normal laws. WATCH the edges of the trails as some are a straight drop down, but they are also wide, you can ride the trail from Gilbert all the way to the town of Mann. We did not do this do to lack of time and very poor planning. We did not get a map of the trails a first and did some back tracking ,then picked up a map and had a great time. THe 650 did fantastic only 1 issue of back firing going about 25 on a trail with some mild jumps, heavy bike to do that , during normal riding no problems,IRS suspension did great, 2 honda riders were very tired of all the beating on the trail.YOU will like the trails, some thing for every body, did have a nice ROCK HOUSE at the side of the trail,but being from kentucky this is normal stuff. The ride took about 4.5 hours from Louisville do not I repeat do not take state road 10 in wv to get to Gilbert, you can take 64 to huntington and come back down 119 to Gilbert. best bet look at map quest

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, justlill. I appreciate it. We're really looking forward to the trip.

Is that all??? Are you telling me that justlill is the only one on this forum that has been there??? Come on. Give me some feedback. Cat happy

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
I been there many times , the rockhouse is the funest/longest of the two trails I have rode I stayed at the Twinhollows campground and cabins , they are right on the trail and you can ride right into town for breakfast or beer or whatever. I also stayed at Big Earls campground/cabins at the little coal river trail and you can ride right to the trailhead from the campground . my wife and I rode every trail at the little coal river trail inclouding the black trails( not to bad) but the rockhouse has some very hard (black)trails if you should want hard trails, I heard a few fellas at camp complaining about some of the black trails tearing up their bikes.They have easier trails too.
Kenny

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was there last weekend.. best trails Ihave been on as of yet, we did 290 miles in 4 days, you name it they got it, everything from great views to a massive mud pit, do yourself a favor and ride from Man, to Gilbert, it is a nice ride expecialy if you take the outside trail I believe it is 33, great Place to ride, we stayed at Rockhouse Rentals in downtown man, and yes you can ride in the streets go store to store and wave at the Cops.. also go to the HM visiters center nice people and that is the only place that we could find hats and shirts ect.

ps. A buddy of mine was with a party a few weeks earlyer and one guy drove off the mountain, broke his coler bone and totaled his Atv ... parts of it still lie on trail 10.. you will probubly see it still and ask yerself.. how did he miss that turn?

Man I need spell check!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts