Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sled ran good before the reflash. Now shes way fat. Yesterday I took it out to the pond. I can get it up to 100mph in 600ft.(still pulling) But on shut down its real blubbery and shoots flames out of the exhaust, as well as backfiring every time I shut it off.On one run while I was decelerating I could hear the exhaust popping like it does when you shut it off. I also had to take some weight out of my primary clutch. I'm running SW airbox mod and ypipe w/big thunder clutch kit.

Ya think Cat will reflash these again. I know my buddy had his 05 machz done about 4 times, but they do it right at the dealer.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think they should. Mine also backfires and seems too fat on bottom. They owe those of us with issues some kind of solution. They said bring x amount of money and we'll deliver x amount of sled. They got the money and we deserve the sled. Its puzzling why some run great and some are lame. Time to step up and make it right. I don't want to stick some other poor unsuspecting guy with a sub standard 1000; and what dealer would want it on a trade? We're in a bad spot either way, either its live with a poor performing sled or take a financial beating. I still think Cat will make it right, at least I'm hoping they will.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
It's funny how the shoe can go on the other foot so quickly. My riding buddy got nothing but grief from us when his '05 Fusion 900 was a pig of a sled. Now, he owns a Dragon and I own an F8. It's a 180-degree flip flop ... he's giving me crap because my sled is a pig that can't keep up with his. It's pretty humbling when his 700cc Dragon can lay waste to my 798cc F8 ... and it's not even close. After next year, when he throws weight at his clutching, it's going to get even more ugly.

Yes, I know I can clutch it, pipe it, do whatever else to it ... but stock for stock (which we both are) these two sleds are in different counties when racing, and it should at least be competitve. I never, EVER, expected Cat to put their customers in this type of situation, but here it is the end of the season and I am left scratching my head. I thought at one point that the Speedwerx High Flow was a good fix .... nope. I feel like I've been taken for a sucker this year, and Cat is really going to have to earn my trust before I buy another new sled. As much as I hate to say it, I think I'm going to be looking elsewhere in the next few years because Cat is going in the wrong direction.

I honestly think those of us with under-performing F's are in the same boat as what the Fusion 900 owners were in back in the winter of '04-'05. If Cat doesn't come out with a fix, we're going to be stuck with an even bigger hassle on trade or sale because they'll be worth jack.

At least I can put it away and get it out of my sight for the next 9 months.

I hope you engineers in Thief River Falls are reading this because I would really, REALLY, like an explanation of what happened to these sleds that were designed to REPLACE the F7. All we heard about was, the torque and power will match or beat the F7's and the ride is no comparison. Well, you got one part right - the ride is great. That's about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts