Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 zr 800 that i converted to a mountain sled and since ive done that and started to only ride out weat ive had the bog problem that ive heard the mountain cats have. when i make a right turn in the deep snow the sled boggs out.this is the most frustrating thing in the world to me. i was looking in my can and it looks like i could stick a pipe in there and have it come out and roll it to the back and then build some kind of shield to push the snow down and away from the pipe. has anyone tried this and did it work.

·
Registered
742 Posts
From what I have read on here it is sort of a hit and miss, what works for one sled doesnt necessarily work for the next one?? And it was mostly on the 900 cats not so much the 800, I have an 01 800 and it bogs also, so far I have just learned to deal with it, I tried blocking the intake behind the brake, and put some high heat silicone arround the base of the can, but is still does it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Don't waste money with transfer tube, freezes up and don't work. I added the SLP High Flow Airbox conversion, then a couple wks ago, there was over a ft of powder and it started to bog on right side carving. So, I plugged the right intake, and bog was gone!!!
Josh

·
Registered
290 Posts
The exhaust will get plugged (snow capped) on tight right turns in deep snow. The best fix is to add a after market can that is designed for the 2006 King Cat. It dumped out the shock tower and requires some fabrication of exhaust mounting points. With a little ingenuity plus access to a good welder you can re-route an existing cannister to dump out the shock tower like the M7's. That was my fix.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey josh did you pug the right intake by your foot? and do you still have the original intake too and do you have any exhaust modifications?

·
Registered
66 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (arcticcat38 @ Apr 1 2007, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey josh did you pug the right intake by your foot? and do you still have the original intake too and do you have any exhaust modifications?[/b]

No exhaust modifications, just plugged the right intake(exhaust side) with a rag. Only D&D can, which exits stock location.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts