Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2014 xf 8000 sno pro limited I'm having an issue that only happens when I'm at a half tank or less and only after the motor is warmed. Like stopping for a break while out riding but it doesn't like to start easy and when it does the idle is so low it'll die if I don't give it gas to get the rpms up to normal, then from a stop it will bog out a little then go. What could be the issue? If the motor is cold it fires up like it should and also when the tank is near full I don't have a problem

·
Super Moderator
9,799 Posts
How many miles on the sled?
The half tank symptom is a bit odd. The other stuff sounds like reeds starting to chip and break. Start with checking the reeds. It wouldn't hurt to verify the smart valves are sitting at the bottom of the tank and working - not sticking.

Reactions: 660catman

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I've owned the sled since 2400 miles have a little over 5k on it now. And it's been doing it basically since I've owned and the first thing I did was reeds went with carbon fiber pedals.

·
Administrator
7,965 Posts
How about the relocation of the air temp sensor? They make a kit for it and did my 2015 ZR8000

Reactions: Jackson218

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Yep, probably the air sensor relocate problem. I actually have one of these kits laying in my garage that I bought years ago for my 14' that I've become used to how it acts. By just giving some throttle at startup and then going on down the trail it's fine. It's just that warm startup that's odd ball behavior. If you want it I'll sell it to you for $50 shipping included. (but IMO it's not worth it at all... just open the throttle at warm start up. Easy)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, probably the air sensor relocate problem. I actually have one of these kits laying in my garage that I bought years ago for my 14' that I've become used to how it acts. By just giving some throttle at startup and then going on down the trail it's fine. It's just that warm startup that's odd ball behavior. If you want it I'll sell it to you for $50 shipping included. (but IMO it's not worth it at all... just open the throttle at warm start up. Easy)
Does yours bog at first also then go? Only right after warm start up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts