Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sons 06 120 seems like its hard to start. It usually takes me 6-7 pulls to get it going. I always thought that 4-strokes should fire right up (1-2 pulls)? Is this normal?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is it stored inside or outside? If it is outside it will take a little more to get it going. Does it start right away after it warms up? Ours needed to be pulled over a few more times to get it started after sitting outside in the cold for awhile. We need more info to help you out. :nosnow: in NEW YORK.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snodaddy @ Jan 24 2007, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Is it stored inside or outside? If it is outside it will take a little more to get it going. Does it start right away after it warms up? Ours needed to be pulled over a few more times to get it started after sitting outside in the cold for awhile. We need more info to help you out. :nosnow: in NEW YORK.[/b]
Stored inside, but in the cold weather.

Once its running it starts right up.

I also think that the idle maybe a little low.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had similar problems with ours. It turned out to be a bad spark plug. I had just changed it out a month ago. Dropped a new one in, an it fired right up. I have had quite a few bad plugs the last few month in all of our machines.

Chris

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think that is your problem. From my experience with four strokes in colder weather, it takes a few more pulls than normal to get them started. Once they are warmed up they should start on the first or second pull. thumbguy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts