Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else is disapointed with thiers, I rode a 02 XC 700 and almost burnt my hands off.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i think me and u hav the same problem. I hold the sled with a deathgrip and just my fingers r holding on the right grip. I think it was cutting off or slowing down the blood circulation to my fingers. I just pulled my riser back so its tilted towards me more. Much more relaxed position and not to cold ne more.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Funny you mention that, I've thought from day one with my F6 that the handwarmers really aren't that great. With having to take my sled in for repairs, I"m going to have them check that while it's in. I don't remember any of my old sleds being as bad and my hands never got cold.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the same problem. When i had my 05 F7, even with them on high my hands were freezing. WHen i bought my CF7 I put hand guards on it and it did help a lot, but i still dont get the burn your hands sensation that would be nice to have on a -15 degree night.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have the opposite problem on my 04 Firecat - those handwarmers get HOT. I moved the sled in the summer and burnt both hands (actually the thumbs). I always have them on low and that is plenty.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My hand warmers on my sled suck as well..I can't even feel them...I rode my friends 03 f5 patriot the other night and her warmers were hot even through my gloves..then i got back on mine and froze my fingers off...

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have an 03 F7 and the handwarmers are F ing hot!! I usually have to turn the thumb warmer completely off it gets so hot. I usually wear a thin pair of snocross gloves and they stay plenty warm. At night I put on leather ones and they damn near burn my hands.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Check the voltages at the heaters , make sure you are getting atleast 12-13 volts to them.

I am having the same problem with my heaters, LITTLE HEAT.

Can't find the problem, the heaters on my atv BURN your hands.

·
Registered
215 Posts
mine suck as well, seems sometimes they get hot as heck, and i have to turn them down, other times, barely warm.

·
Registered
58 Posts
:wub: :hot: :hot: :hot: Mine work great on my 05 f7. The faster I go the hotter they get.

If your cold, use more throttle. It warms up everything.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Alright, so why in the world is there so much variation here with all these sleds? Doesn't make sense. Majority of the sleds are the same model yet, one works great, the next doesn't. Sounds to me Arctic Cat needs to improve something here. Mine are terrible. I've never had cold hands until this sled. I'm going to ask them tomorrow when I drop it off with the dealer to check the hand warmers. How can you go out snowmobiling and have a good time when you have to worry about your hands being warm enough. bang your head

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a 04 F6 EFI and last winter my left warmer quit working and now this year the right one is fading. I had the left on replaced by Cat, I am trying to do the same with the right.

The wifes 03 F5 seem to not get too hot anymore either

1 - 17 of 17 Posts