Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be putting on handquards onto a '98 ZR600 EFI LE and am wondering if there are certain brands out there that are better than others, in regards to fit and finish, wind protection, and mounting. If anybody has any pictures that has handquards on the same type of handle bars as mine, I would like to see them. Any thoughts will be helpfull.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I asked another member here the same question. He told me the sportech guards will fit using the mounts from sporttech as well. I was looking at some of the cat guards and it looks to me the new billet mounts will work as well they are about $40 for a set I believe.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have powermadd and they look great and fit real nice got them for 38 mounts and guards, you can also get extensions for them for those real cold days of riding. Ill try to get a pic of them later

·
Registered
550 Posts
What do you guys think of Acerbis. How much wind protection do they have and do they mount up nicely?

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have powermadd handguards and they work awesome
only thing is i had to cut a bit of the grip off to make them fit properly otherwise throttle would bump bracket and couldnt it open it up all the way and thats definetly no good

·
Registered
387 Posts
I did a test to see how much wind actually hit my hands with a low AC windshield on my 03 ZR900. I found at 60 MPH the wind deflected up and over the handlebars even with my higher riser on. I checked this buy simply lifting my hand up until the wind could be felt. I opted to skip the handguards as I feel they offer only protection from brush.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts