Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a Handle bar riser from Oles machine shop. I have a 98 ZR600 EFI and I bought some sno pro bars from a 440. What height can I go without having to extend? 4 inch? 5 inch? or 6 inch?

I've read through 16 pages of searched threads but there was no clear answer. Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I beleive the bars you are taking off have a 3 inch rise already. I think you can go another 4 with moving things around. You will probably need a pivot adaptor which gives you a small bump. I would say with a pivot adaptor you can use a 6 inch amd maybe as much as 8 if you cut zip ties and move things around.
Just take your stock bars and hold them as high as you can get them and measure the gap and add 3.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I ran a 4" powermadd riser with a pivot on my 98 with no issues... now I have an 8" riser on a pivot, with sno-x bars. Throttle works fine, I replaced the brake line with a stainless braided one.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I just added a 3" Power Madd Riser non pivot. There were no issues. I also bought a 4" and I cut a zip tie to get a little bit more length in the hand and thumb warmer wires. I ended up going with the 3" because the 4" was not comfortable when sitting. Long story longer, a 4" worked fine with cut and replaced zip ties.

·
Registered
1 Posts
riser

I just added a 3" Power Madd Riser non pivot. There were no issues. I also bought a 4" and I cut a zip tie to get a little bit more length in the hand and thumb warmer wires. I ended up going with the 3" because the 4" was not comfortable when sitting. Long story longer, a 4" worked fine with cut and replaced zip ties.
i have a 98 zr 440 and im trying to add a 3in bar riser, they sent me small bolts that dont match up to the stock so do i just need to buy longer new ones? and do i need to connect it to the stock blocks already on there?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have either a 3 or 4 inch riser i would trade even made by sporttech for the stock one. As long as it isn't rusted and junk. I bought the sled with it already on. The sled it is on is a 2001 zr 500. I don't know if they will mount the same, but I don't see why they wouldn't. I'm pretty sure it's a 4 inch though. I don't think any mods were done. I didn't see any what little i looked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts