Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to put a handlebar riser block on my 99 ZL 500 EFI. What is the max height I can raise it without having to mess with extending brake lines and throttle cables? I have heard 3" is the most I can do, but I figured I would check here.

·
Registered
136 Posts
i would say 3 inch is the max i could be wrong but here is my reasoning,
in my 2001 and 1999 thundercat a 3 inch with no adjusting the cables worked fine.
in my 95 zrt a 3 inch riser meant getting extensions on the throttle cable.
I dont have a 99 ZL but here is a freeeeeeeeee BUMP

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 99 zl 500 that i put a 3" powermadd block riser on NON PIVOT and it fits good. Could probably get another inch or so out of the wires if you cut zip ties. I will be selling mine very soon as i have a 8" with pivot on the way.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
hey snoogy17 how much are you selling that powermadd block riser for?

·
Registered
144 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoogy17 @ Dec 22 2009, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have a 99 zl 500 that i put a 3" powermadd block riser on NON PIVOT and it fits good. Could probably get another inch or so out of the wires if you cut zip ties. I will be selling mine very soon as i have a 8" with pivot on the way.[/b]
how tall r u??? 8 and a pivot is like 9.5 that is going to be high. i got 6" and pivot with stock bar it was perfect standing up but when i set it sucked. got the 10 dergee bend bars now and it is perfect and i am 6 foot

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sooooo glad I found this forum. Thanks for all the input, I think I'm going to go with a 3" Poweremadd block since I do most of my riding sitting down I don't want to go too high.

·
Registered
32 Posts
3" is nice for sitting down and standing up when it is needed. I am 6'1" and do most of my riding standing up. I am doing 8" +1.5" pivot with sno pro flat bars so i am losing a bit of hight that way. It will be a nice setup for what i need. I don't know what i am going to ask for the riser yet. I guess i'm open to offers. Pm me your mailing address and i'll see what shipping would be. I am in Ontario, Canada

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just purchased the 3" Powermadd riser block and a hood screen kit...Hopefully I won't need any advise on installing either of them. Thanks again everyone.

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
Looks sweet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts