Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never had a flyscreen before and this year i will. So as it says, do I need hand guards? I use arctic cat gloves, which i never get cold in. So i was just wondering if it gets cold enough or not. I usually ride fast but safe, so about 40-60 in the woods and gun it in the fields, if that matters or not. Oh and i do about 70-120 miles when i ride.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would definatley invest in the handgaurds. Breaking the wind with your hands is killer, once the get cold they take forever to heat up. Plus if you like to boondock and play in the bush they will save your knuckles too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I alwasy have put the Powermadd ones on my sled and i love them and i also think they look great on any sled!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've never needed them. I think they look cool and all but aren't really necessary if you have a good pair of gloves and working hand warmers. They're way too expensive in my opinion.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Arclite @ Nov 17 2009, 04:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've never needed them. I think they look cool and all but aren't really necessary if you have a good pair of gloves and working hand warmers. They're way too expensive in my opinion.[/b]
ya thats why i posted this... its like 40-50 dollars for them and the mount

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I had never used them either, until my hands were exposed on my F8. They actually made more of a difference than I imagined from a wind protection standpoint.

Not cheap, that's for sure. (my wife bought mine for Christmas... :D :wub: )

·
Registered
345 Posts
Handguards are a good idea as they allow the use of thinner gloves by blocking the wind. The thinner gloves provide a tighter grip on the bars with less fatigue. Thinner gloves also transmit more heat to your hands. In the end, handguards allow the use of thinner gloves without the side affects of freezing your fingers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I loved my handguards. The problem is when using the cheap arctic cat mounts every time you land on your lid, they break, which is all the time for me. lol

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
I like the look of the black cat hanguards with the logo on them, but a used sled at my dealer has them on and the logo was chipping off and it looked like s**t. I went with powermadd star series.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts