Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it more for looks
or does it help fend off your fingertips from getting cold after a long ride?

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
I have a set of powermad guards on my ZR. They came with the sled. I doubt they provide much wind protection as they are perforated but they have deflected a few sticks and a chunk of ice kicked up by a sled in front. I've been hit by those before- they hurt!

I think they look kinda cool to. Other than that they are a huge pain in the a$$! The cover doesn't fit as well and is harder to get on, they hit the windshield at full lock, and they make it more difficult to put the sled on it's side because they hit the floor before the handlebar.

·
Registered
246 Posts
yes i think they help keep my fingers warmer i rode the first season i put my handle bar risers and cut windsheald on and then bought powermadd hand guards and what a difference IMO... mine are solid but the solid sheild pops out and is perferated under that so you can ride either way... they also protect from branches and ice chunks too and look amazing

·
Registered
889 Posts
I put them on my ZR when I raised the bars and cut down the windshield. I rode with the high bars and low windshield for a while and had my warmers on all the time. With the handguards I never found myself flicking the warmers on and off, or leaving them on high for extended periods of time.

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
i'm in the same boat as snowpro.. i actually have the same set as he does and the black piece comes out like what marv said. i wear thinner gloves so i can feel the heat of the grips and before i had my handguards the tops of my hands would go numb and now they stay nice and warm.. well atleast warmer than without them

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I thought this would be about right
looking for the look and warmer finger tips.
I think it will be worth it and will look cool.

Its a done deal.

for mine I think a 2 tone red black get up would be nice

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have the same Powermadd ones, but in red. They keep alot of wind off of your hands. Definitely a good investment. I do believe that all of my buddies have put them on their sleds now.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mikeszr800 @ Nov 17 2009, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have the same Powermadd ones, but in red. They keep alot of wind off of your hands. Definitely a good investment. I do believe that all of my buddies have put them on their sleds now.[/b]

Thanks Mike I am ordering that particular brand I like them a lot.

·
Registered
216 Posts
They work really good. You can also pop the black part out if you want to let some air go through. I wear leather AC gloves, and generally don't run my warmers. I'm not saying that's because of the guards, but I believe they help ALOT.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mikeszr800 @ Nov 18 2009, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They work really good. You can also pop the black part out if you want to let some air go through. I wear leather AC gloves, and generally don't run my warmers. I'm not saying that's because of the guards, but I believe they help ALOT.[/b]

Mike do you have a full picture of your sled
with them on I ordered them just like yours red and black.

I got
1.) D&D Y pipe being put on.
2.) Barfys APV shims and clean power valves.
3.) Heated shield setup.
4.) Act drive flushed and fluid changed.
5.) Rear suspension adjusted so my lights don,t go up into the trees when I get on the gas. (VERY SCARY BY THE WAY).
6.)Powermad RED/BLACK hand guards.

I bought the D&D pipe, and Barfy's shims.

But they are buying everything else and with all the service.
They are charging me right around $400.00.

NOT BAD. I THINK?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I don't have any real good pics of it, but I have this one. It is buried in the garage right now. I'm trying to get the quads and boats winterized.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts