Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking about getting the AC hand guards for my 06 500 limegreen. Was wondering what you guys think about them. I've been out in the bush in the cold and i think everyone here knows what it feels like to be whipped by a willow in the hands when it's cold with no gloves (forgot em). Are they any good? Durable?

·
Registered
387 Posts
AC handguards, while not being the most stylish in shape, are definitely helpful when it comes to protecting your fingers and hands from cold weather, branches and brush. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have them and they are OK. They will not keep your hands warm, but will prevent small twigs from snapping your hands. They bend if you hit a large branch.

They are also pretty expensive. I talked my delaer into giving them to me at time of purchase.

IMO...they are overpriced and I would not get them.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I really like mine

[attachment=66519:100_0521.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RobCat @ Mar 15 2007, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I really like mine

[attachment=66519:100_0521.JPG][/b]
sweet ride there

·
Registered
53 Posts
i saw some at tractor supply just yesterday. that looked perty good and not to expensive. also had mirrors bilt into them didnt seem like a bad design. i wouldnt mind haveing the in the summer to keep from wearing gloves but as far as in the winter time i would rather have the mitten things that attach to the handle bar and you just slip your hand in and out when you ride. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Had them on my polaris. Do not have any on the cat now. I did take a rock to the hand once that was kicked up from a rider in front of me. For that reason alone the guards are worth it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have the AC hand gaurds and like having handgaurds, but the are pricey and kind of cheesy. I have since seen other ones that have 2 mounting points and wont bend as easy. They don't seem to keep your hands much warmer either.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I find that they're great at keeping the wind off of my hands. If you want some that will match the green of your Cat, these are the closest you will find. I had a pair of Cat guards on my last bike and liked them enough to buy a set for this one. They do what they're supposed to; stop small brances and sticks from hitting your hands and block the wind. They aren't bark-busting guards that will take any kind of heavy impact. I'd buy them again in a second.

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts
i run acerbis ones on my sled, after fracturing my finger from some roost/rocks riding dirt bikes i don't ride w/o them...

·
Registered
731 Posts
I plan on putting a set on mine before turkey season. Just kinda tuff parting with 60 bucks for a couple hunks of plastic. If you do your beer math that is = to 4 cases of Coors Light or 96 beers.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Love em!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I love mine for keeping the branches and brush off my fingers when riding, and the wind when going down a straight section of trail, the only thing that will keep your hands warm is Hot Grips and I won't ride without them either, options are great when they help you enjoy riding more

·
Registered
519 Posts
I think that they do help keep your hands warm. While ice fishing this year up at Mille Lacs, we were coming across the ice from a long run (about 3 miles across) and my buddy made me stop becuase his hand were freezing. He was on my brother's machine without handguards. I was fine, so we switched machines for the last mile back to Sanny's shack. By the time we got there, my hands were frozen! I don't mean that you can just go out with bare hands, but I think they do help to some extent.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you have a cargo box on the front rack, they may hit when you turn. Mine hit my AC cargo box so I had to either re-mount it further forward or get rid of it. (It's for sale on eBay now).
Just my experiences with them.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I like my hand guards! Not sure how they would do if a rock came flying at em, brush,branches, whippets,thorn bushes all are no match for em![attachment=66675:07H1.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steeles4 @ Mar 15 2007, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I plan on putting a set on mine before turkey season. Just kinda tuff parting with 60 bucks for a couple hunks of plastic. If you do your beer math that is = to 4 cases of Coors Light or 96 beers.[/b]
lol, somone get this man a beer.... i like whaere your head's at! :super_happy:

--------

i think i want to get some, i have been looking at them for some time. and come to think of it, the more i drink, the more i end up in thick bush. in and out of the bedroom. BAZZZINGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
i like them,i had a thorn get run in my knuckle and have not sence i put them on :D

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought a pair at Fleet farm that matched my Cat really good and they are half the cost at $30. They come in lime green, black and red if anyone is interested. They are Raiders and they seem to work pretty darn good. I would definitely buy these again. Just my .02 worth.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts