Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone:

I am planning on attending a Hall of Fame ride in Eagle River, Wisconsin on Feb 22. I have a question that some of you could answer.

First of all I am from Illinois. Problems that I have. I have 2 sleds that I am taking to this ride and neither sled has a registration at all. What do I need for the ride in Wisconsin to be legal? What do I need to do in Illinois? I know about applying for the Dept of Natural resources sticker, but I am sure these stickers will not be here in time for the ride on Feb 22. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
You need an IL registration sticker and a Non Resident Wi Trail Pass. Both can be purchased ONLINE. Both states will provide you with a PRINTABLE temporary registration along with the payment info. You MUST carry this with you till the stickers arrive.

I registered my sleds online this year. The IL registration took approx 2-3 weeks to receive. The WI & MI trail passes took approx 10 days.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you give me the Web address for both registrations?

·
Banned
1,162 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been there, you can only renew online. I do not have a registration what so ever.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Danzig @ Jan 6 2007, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Been there, you can only renew online. I do not have a registration what so ever.[/b]
Print this form
http://www.dnr.state.il.us/admin/systems/Pdfs/snowapp.pdf
Or go to a local currency exchange and get a hard copy of the same form
The $18.00 is good for 120 temp permit if RED TAPE PROBLEMS occur regarding vin#

CAUTION....... If at one time the sled WAS registered in IL by a previous owner, and was reported STOLEN the vin# will come up as such.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Printing it out now and have a couple questions. This form to me is ignorant.

The column where it says purchased from, does this need filled out. I am asking this due to that the person who I bought the sled from no longer lives in the state. This is on page #1.

Also , on the sleds I am trying to register, one has a sticker on it from 1982, should I consider this as still registered and do a transfer renewal?

The other sled has the same problem but it is from 2003.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Danzig @ Jan 6 2007, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Printing it out now and have a couple questions. This form to me is ignorant.

The column where it says purchased from, does this need filled out. I am asking this due to that the person who I bought the sled from no longer lives in the state. This is on page #1.

Also , on the sleds I am trying to register, one has a sticker on it from 1982, should I consider this as still registered and do a transfer renewal?

The other sled has the same problem but it is from 2003.[/b]
If the sled has never been registered, they may require a "bill of sale" Then you most likely get into a dept of revenue problem with them wanting sales tax. Personally I would play DUMB and leave it blank. Especially if you are only wanting to use it on this one ride. The other sleds with the "82 & 03" registrations will require Transfer Renewals.
The state will send back an incorrect registration and explain in detail what is needed.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess I will leave that portion blank. Both sleds have expired registrations. I dont know. bang your head

1 - 9 of 9 Posts