Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, was out to the dealer yesterday.
I got to drive a TRV h1 LE...WOW does it ever pull and it hasn't been broken in yet.
I have decided that I want a solo bike and I think I want either the H1 or the 700.
The H1 is about $600 cheaper than the 700. My wife says get whatever I want, I just would like to get a bike that was as reliable as my 02 500.
How does the 700 compare to the 650 H1? are they similar?
And how is the reliability of both?

I know I have been asking a lot of questions but I just don't want to get something and then need to upgrade.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
The main difference is the 700 has EFI, which could be an advantage in cold weather starting or if you ride frequently at different elevations. The EFI adjusts the fuel mixture as temp and altitude change. Also there are more aftermarket parts available for the 700 because of the King Quad association.

If those things are not a big deal to you, get the H1.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am leaning to the 700 more because it is only $10 a month more.
Is the 700 sportier overall?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
If you trail ride...........the 700 would be just fine...........but if you really get into water and MUB then H1............. my2cents

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Keep in mind that the EFI isn't like the EFI on your car/truck. There's no O2 sensors and such to monitor things, so you can't snorkel and such and not rejet.

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
I rode both bofore I purchased and the 650 suited me better. I ride alot of wide open trails and liked the bottom end on the 650 better. Plus like sanny said the fi is not like on an automobile. I learned this lesson the hard way on my motorcycle. Every time I mod I have to pay 150.00 for harley to remap the fi, or spend the 400.00 on a power commander. If you are even a little carb savvy you may save money in the long run on mods. Just my 2 Cents I'm sure both are fine machines.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanny651 @ Apr 29 2007, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Keep in mind that the EFI isn't like the EFI on your car/truck. There's no O2 sensors and such to monitor things, so you can't snorkel and such and not rejet.[/b]

Not to sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China?

Any mods that increase airflow will require rejetting of carburetor or remapping of an ECM, the only difference being, jets are cheaper.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
get the H1 she will be way more reliable if you like the deep stuff trust me.

marcus

·
Registered
66 Posts
Im with the H1. My buddy bought the H1, I bought the 700. If my 700 even gets a splash of water its done. You have to hook a strap to it and pull it out and spend the next 20 mins tryin to get it to run. The H1 my bud bought has never had a problem cutting out with water around.

·
Registered
257 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dodgethis12 @ May 1 2007, 05:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Im with the H1. My buddy bought the H1, I bought the 700. If my 700 even gets a splash of water its done. You have to hook a strap to it and pull it out and spend the next 20 mins tryin to get it to run. The H1 my bud bought has never had a problem running in deep water.[/b]

I don't know what is wrong with your machine but I have a 700 and have friends that have the H1 and they can't touch me in the deep stuff(mud or water). The only mods I have are 27" mud-bugs and speedwerx clutch kit(just rollers). There must be something weird going on!!

Mitch

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Ill tell u my experiences....my friend bought a 650 and it broke all the time mind u that was the old 650 v2 i belive and hes not easy on anything but has since traded it in on a 700 and its held up amazing in his beatings. I have a 700 that i just bought and have about 300kms on it and i ride with my friend who has a 500m and i can follow him anywhere through the deepest water and he has more trouble with it then i do...And he also has probably 1 inch or 2 more clearance cuz my tires are only 25s but dont messure up to 25 and hes got true 26s. Either way man your going with a cat there amazing doesnt matter what u choose. I just wanted the efi for these canadian winters. lol

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a 2006 700 and am in the mud and water all the time with never a problem other then a little bit of belt slippage after a deep river crossing up at hunting camp, dries out pretty quick. Each and every bike has its own personality regardless of us wanting to believe they are identical (same models), you can tell by reading these forums, one guys does something strange and the next doesn't do it at all. You just have to search, diagnose, and solve the problem. The quality of the bikes we ride more than makes up for the quirks they each have. I love my Cat and it always seems to amaze me and everyone else that I ride with and that sees it in action.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.