Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently posted a question about the 700 H1 Arctic cat motor reliability. I received plenty of great answers. And i had taken a decision to buy a 700 H1 EFI 2009 model. But i was just offered to buy a used 650 H1 2007 model at a great price. I'm still not sure if i want to go with the 2007, but i was wondering if the H1 motor has changed at all, improved in any way, from 2007 to 2009?

Has anyone have any comments on the AC 650 H1 2007 model?

cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
My 650 h1 works good. It has alot of torque.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
09 700H1 : EFI, more low end, better top end, ride in suspension, electronic diff. lock., 4x4 switch reversed (AC changed which direction the switch goes because some of the old ones were wearing through having the rubber pinched all the time)

07 650H1: carbed, larger racks, stiffer suspension (non-ride in), more GC, cable switch diff. lock

I would go with the new 09 700. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
look up the powershopcentral burn out vid on youtube if you want to see what a 650h1 can do. I would still go with the 700, the mods will be here soon.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I have the 08 650 h1 and it works great, I do lots of riding in N.B. and you would like the 650. There is some smokin' deals at G.Bourques and Pattersons on the leftover models. This site is a second to none source for info. on the CATS. Good luck. :site:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Both of these motors are very tough!! I have a 700H1 in my prowler and love this motor. I have rode 650H1's and they are great too!! I would go with the 700 just for the EFI. Mine sat outside our cabin up noth for a week in a snow storm with temps in the teens. It started like it was 80 outside. Love the EFI.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
The 05-08 650's have a bevel gear in the engine that can break if you are running 29.5" or bigger tires and are going to mud alot. The bevel gears on the 09's are a straight cut gear and are stronger. This isn't an issue for most people but if you plan on running some really big tires and beat the hell out of it go with the 09.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the great info. I'm leaning towards the 2009 model as well, but I just bought a brand new truck and i dont know if i can afford it. I'll have to make another budget and see just how much i'm going to starve for the next 5 years :)

TODD08650H1: I'm from Moncton, and GBourque is where i was planning on getting the 2009 model. The 2007 just kinda of creeped up at the last minute from a friend of a friend.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I have an 07 650 and love it, great low end power and fun to tinker around with the carb. If you have the money go with the 09 but if you don't you won't be dissapointed with the 650

1 - 10 of 10 Posts