Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
It may not be related, but my dad has a h1 trv and noticed a similar noise on startup and even while driving to a certain extent.

He took it to the dealer and what they found out was the gear on the oil pump had the teeth completely worn off on a couple of the sides. I am not able to visualize how this could have happened, but even the engineers at cat were baffled.

He just put on his 3000th mile yesterday and bought it new in November of 2006. No, he has nothing else to do! LOL

What they ended up doing was replacing the entire oil pump assembly and all is well. The engine has quieted down considerably and it runs flawless again!

Might be something to check.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Mine sounds a little rough to when I first start it. But once it warms up it sounds fine, also you might need to adjust your idle speed. Mine died on me to the other day, but I think it's because it's warming up. I adjusted the idle speed and now it's fine.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
What weight oil are you using? If it's too heavy, then in that temp it may take a while to get worked all around after settling down in the pan. If that's not it, I'd maybe look at the valves needing adjustment?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.