Administrator
40,355 Posts
Airdam

Reactions: scarny

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wet Clutch Disassembly

Howd you tell your wet clutch was gone?....im thinking mines wore out.
Hi Savageman69,

I saw one of your posts on a thread about replacing your wet clutch and I just wanted to quiz you up on something since it looks like you have the same machine as me. On the thread you mentioned that you thought your wet clutch might be going and I was wondering if you ever ended up replacing it? If you did, can I ask where you purchased the clutch assembly and what it cost?

I noticed that the 2007 700 EFI FIS has a different clutch then an H1 or TRV and it is considerably more expensive.

scarny

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Try looking at a suzuki dealer. Your 700 engine is a suzuki motor they may be cheaper than at a cat dealership.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ok. So I tore into my clutch today. Had some work done on my primary. When I pulled the primary out, there was this rubber seal/gasket jammed/wedged behind the fixed plate. Like it was twisted and stuck in between the drive face/shroud and the back clutch cover.
What the heck? Doesn't look like it belongs anywhere in here, and I can't find anything like it on any of the parts listings/sites i've looked at.
HELP!

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Was wondering if the gasket between the housing an block are reusable ?

I bought a new one and installed it without using any silicone as the stock one did not have any. after starting the engine up after a minute or so, oil started leaking out of this seal in a few places. the only thing that i can think would cause this is something is warped. everything was fine before i took it apart though.

any other sugestions? im taking back apart and have ordered another new gasket.

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Did you evenly torque the case to the factory specs in a cross cross pattern ?

·
Registered
146 Posts
possible was stupid and overtightened. I did the criss cross pattern though. did I maybe squish the gasket too much?

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
We're both the surfaces absolutely spotless? No fine sand or grit on the new gasket?

·
Registered
146 Posts
yup I took fine emery cloth to both sides, after I scraped the gasket off with a new razor blade, to clean them up.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Is there somewhere on here or online I can find the torq specs for doing this project

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Reactions: MBskeg81

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great pics and walk through on the clutch - I've also had the leaking seal issue first time under warranty - second time tore into it my self
I have a few questions on oil pressure between the pressed in seal and bearing of primary clutch housing. Seems the seal/shield on the bearing won't let the oil flow from the oil port through the bearing. It is forced through the shaft ports to center of shaft. The only reason I can see for this is to spray oil on the one way sprag bearing and or wet clutch. If I remove the one way can I remove the seal on the bearing and still get enough oil to the wet clutch

21 - 35 of 35 Posts