Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

GUYS I NEED HELP AND INFO

2K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  djwustr 
#1 ·
hello all, i knwo people are getting tired of posts like this but i need something. well good news i turn a guy from polaris to a cat, bad news its a cat i dont think i can keep up with. he bought a 2002 Mcat 800. i would think close race but he says i dont stand a chance. i asked what i need to spend to beat him and he said a bigger motor. he wont tell me what hes got done to this sled. stock who would win this race. what should i do first to gain speed, and alot of it? i have 196 studs, mbrp can, 1.325 lug track and studs are 1.50. im carbed and im guessing hes efi. ill be buying bikeman performance exhaust valve spacers, maybe a timing key and a Complete Torsional Conversion Clutch Kit. help me out guys. :sos:

#3 ·
well depends what kind of race?deep fluffy stuff-your toast.firecats have a skinny track(part of the reason they are fast)if it's a drag race and he has his stock track-he's insane.them big ol lugs will slow that thing down.also i'm betting you have act drive.he has chain and gear.i really need a lil more info.stock on flat land or lake.....he should be a eating your snow flap.

#4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (numbthumb @ Nov 9 2009, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
well depends what kind of race?deep fluffy stuff-your toast.firecats have a skinny track(part of the reason they are fast)if it's a drag race and he has his stock track-he's insane.them big ol lugs will slow that thing down.also i'm betting you have act drive.he has chain and gear.i really need a lil more info.stock on flat land or lake.....he should be a eating your snow flap.[/b]

straight drag race on the trail i doubt the lake. as far as i know hes got the big freaking lugs, its something under the hood i have a feeling is modded. yes i have ACT drive. im stock except the mbrp can right now. i would asume his is clutched and maybe pipes. he told me to keep up i better get a bigger motor. but if its on the trail i would think i would have him. whats the one performance upgrade i should get to be quicker and or faster on top end?

#9 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoprosrule @ Nov 9 2009, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I won, he won, I won, he won,etc........ You know how it goes![/b]

yea i know how it goes, i use to have that alot on my 98 zr 600 carb. now that i sold that off and got my F7 its been hard to find back and forth races. the closest race i've had was against a 2006 or 2007 crossfire8 with speedwerx pipe,silencer and y pipe. me and him are back and forth. its a blast!

#10 ·
Well... I disagree... I dont think he will be faster at all... you both have the same HP stock. Mountaincat is Heavier, and a long track... you are lighter, and lets face it... the F7 is a rocket. Even if he has enough modifications, to beat you on the topend; make sure you two ride with chatterboxes, because he will be BEGGING for you to slow down cause he cant keep up in the trails.... and he better have good skiis/carbides, or good luck!

keep us posted!

#11 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FITZY_07 @ Nov 9 2009, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well... I disagree... I dont think he will be faster at all... you both have the same HP stock. Mountaincat is Heavier, and a long track... you are lighter, and lets face it... the F7 is a rocket. Even if he has enough modifications, to beat you on the topend; make sure you two ride with chatterboxes, because he will be BEGGING for you to slow down cause he cant keep up in the trails.... and he better have good skiis/carbides, or good luck!

keep us posted![/b]

thats what i thought at first but i guess we will see. oh i'll deffinatly keep u all posted. all i need is snow lol. i do agree with the F7 being a rocket, it super fast but its a different kind of fast. i love ACT drive and the exhaust vavles! the sled feels different than anything and in a good way! my firecat will be in my fleet for a long long time!!

#15 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (djwustr @ Nov 9 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
hello all, i knwo people are getting tired of posts like this but i need something. well good news i turn a guy from polaris to a cat, bad news its a cat i dont think i can keep up with. he bought a 2002 Mcat 800. i would think close race but he says i dont stand a chance. i asked what i need to spend to beat him and he said a bigger motor. he wont tell me what hes got done to this sled. stock who would win this race. what should i do first to gain speed, and alot of it? i have 196 studs, mbrp can, 1.325 lug track and studs are 1.50. im carbed and im guessing hes efi. ill be buying bikeman performance exhaust valve spacers, maybe a timing key and a Complete Torsional Conversion Clutch Kit. help me out guys. :sos:[/b]
I'M NOT GETTING TIRED OF 'EM I like to hear about who's talkin smack to who about their sled being fastest. idk, i just find it interesting.

Timing keys are a cheap way to get way better throttle response and better bottom end, but you'll have to run premium, but its worth it.

If it isn't already atleast clutch, everyone will agree 100000% its the best bang for your buck.

If you have the dough, get a bmp pipe mod and y pipe, but make sure if you do get any pipes or pipe y-pipe combo, you have it clutched for your mods, and lose the aftermarket can for the race, if you have the stock one slap that one back on just so you can smoke him.

If he has pipes and silencers then he's almost 90%, def clutched. You need to atleast clutch your sled, thats my advice

#16 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pin2win @ Nov 10 2009, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (djwustr @ Nov 9 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello all, i knwo people are getting tired of posts like this but i need something. well good news i turn a guy from polaris to a cat, bad news its a cat i dont think i can keep up with. he bought a 2002 Mcat 800. i would think close race but he says i dont stand a chance. i asked what i need to spend to beat him and he said a bigger motor. he wont tell me what hes got done to this sled. stock who would win this race. what should i do first to gain speed, and alot of it? i have 196 studs, mbrp can, 1.325 lug track and studs are 1.50. im carbed and im guessing hes efi. ill be buying bikeman performance exhaust valve spacers, maybe a timing key and a Complete Torsional Conversion Clutch Kit. help me out guys. :sos:[/b]
I'M NOT GETTING TIRED OF 'EM I like to hear about who's talkin smack to who about their sled being fastest. idk, i just find it interesting
[/b][/quote]

im not tired of it either! i too find it interesting! i like to read who people are racing so i know who i do and dont wanna race lol

#19 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pin2win @ Nov 10 2009, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (djwustr @ Nov 9 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'M NOT GETTING TIRED OF 'EM I like to hear about who's talkin smack to who about their sled being fastest. idk, i just find it interesting.

Timing keys are a cheap way to get way better throttle response and better bottom end, but you'll have to run premium, but its worth it.

If it isn't already atleast clutch, everyone will agree 100000% its the best bang for your buck.

If you have the dough, get a bmp pipe mod and y pipe, but make sure if you do get any pipes or pipe y-pipe combo, you have it clutched for your mods, and lose the aftermarket can for the race, if you have the stock one slap that one back on just so you can smoke him.

If he has pipes and silencers then he's almost 90%, def clutched. You need to atleast clutch your sled, thats my advice
[/b][/quote]

ok thanks, i love getting all this info and tips!! who makes best clutch kit for the bikeman pipe mob and y pipe??

#20 ·
^^^^ ODS for sure. Go to the outdoorshop.com and they are listed under the firecat/sabercat drop box, or you can call and tell dan what mods you have and rpm's your running at. But def get an ODS

#21 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pin2win @ Nov 10 2009, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
^^^^ ODS for sure. Go to the outdoorshop.com and they are listed under the firecat/sabercat drop box, or you can call and tell dan what mods you have and rpm's your running at. But def get an ODS[/b]

ok thanks, you guys have been a real help and thanks for all the info!! ill keep all posted as to what i do and how the race goes

#24 ·
yeah...... iiidk. I'd believe it when i saw it.

#26 ·
If you want an 05 efi to rock and roll first a timming key, than get someone to reprogram your efi or switch it to carbs(its way to rich), you could get a Y pipe(nice gain) and if you know someone who is good at porting it could all work out to a great gain. If you are riding on hardpack trails or ice you have to have a 1" hacksaw on there(huge speed gain) obviously now you have to get the clutching down and now your F7 is a rocket. Now with the efi you can buy a pack kit from D&D but it will still run too rich on bottom and it will not launch as fast as if you get it leaned out on bottom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.