Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 06 Xfire a month ago and the former owner said he ran APV synthetic oil in it. I bought APV synthetic oil on the weekend and it was blue. The oil in my reservoir is brown. Any guesses of what it might be. It's darker the amsoil interseptor.

I want to run Klotz, if this oil in mineral base can I just run it down and add the Klotz?? Any easy ideas to getting this old oil out of there?

Please add your 2 cents

Attachments

·
Registered
955 Posts
i eve done this before you know the gas line hose for outboards with the primer bulb you can pump it out with one of them but ya thats nasty

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Called the Klotz dealer and he said it most likely old APV oil, but Klotz will blend with anyway.

I'll get the old primer ball out and suck that stuff out whatever it is. What ever it was it can't be all bad that sled has 5000 miles and the compression is 130psi both side exact.

·
Registered
703 Posts
amsoil interceptor is Gold... but a lot clear than that stuff.

That might be Amsoil dominator and interceptot??? Dominator is red.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to pump it out just in case.

Anyone want it? For sale $5.00 OBO and will be stored in a an old coffee can no additional charge.

Maybe I'll get a label and put BRP high performance Synthetic Oil on the side of it and post it on Doo talk for sale.

:bleedgreen

·
Registered
192 Posts
oil looks like the Sonic Dynamix oil that CO-OP sells, which is non synthetic at all. maybe a cleaning and inspection of your APV's is a good idea

1 - 7 of 7 Posts