Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 1980 6000 L/C it runs fine till you go for that full out run then once you stop it just has no thottle response it idles but just has that bogging sound. ill lift the back end up and it will rev up again but soon as its down it just has no power. i just need somewere to start looking for problems . thanks

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Then make sure your carbs are clean specialy the needle and seat and floats and that the fuel pump isnt ruptured

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i checked the compression and after a bunch of pull it goes to 120 my book says it should be between 120 175 i dont know if its low or not

·
Registered
161 Posts
Long time no talk!
Still got that seat you gave me for my el tigre. How did the sled I told you about go over for you?
When I first got my el tigre it did something similar. Wouldnt seem to have the power. Changed the plugs and she never had that problem again/ Guess I was lucky though!
Good luck!
:beer_cheers: MATT

·
Registered
80 Posts
had similar problems with my 79 jag when i first got it (yes ironically the one im constantly posting about) put a new set of plugs in, rebuilt carb, cleaned fuel tank and put in new fuel, took it for about a mile run WOT down the road and it ran a bit boggy, then coughed a couple times, then took off beautifully ( almost tossed me when it coughed out the dirt and started goin good) till it got heated up, then electrical and other problems showed their face. Those kinks im still workin on fixing... lol

good luck

kurt

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
heah matt,yeah i went and got the parts el tigre and i took out the stator from it and put it in my running one and tried it it ran good till it got warm. then it would bog but it was the end of the year so i wasnt botherd to much but when it ran it ripped. so this fall i took the carbs out of my parts one and put them in cause the chokes werent seating right, the air screws werent working, and the needle on the slide wouldnt go in the hole all the time it would get caught. so now im just trying to figure out why it wont run it ran good the other day just after iran fast, so im going to change the filter tommorow. its been a bit of a headache this sled but when it runs it scrares me how fast it goes so im trying to get it going good . how s your sleds? if you need some more parts i still got that parts eltigre and a 77 panther 500 not running.

·
Registered
480 Posts
You probably allready checked this but I'll throw it out there for the heck of it, cause it happened to me:) Have you checked that the secondary clutch is back-shifting completetly? If it isn't , your belt will be down in the sheaves and it will feel like it's trying to take off in high gear. Mine would only do it after a long hard run like what you said and that's what made me think of it. good luck.

·
Registered
161 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jessek @ Feb 7 2007, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
heah matt,yeah i went and got the parts el tigre and i took out the stator from it and put it in my running one and tried it it ran good till it got warm. then it would bog but it was the end of the year so i wasnt botherd to much but when it ran it ripped. so this fall i took the carbs out of my parts one and put them in cause the chokes werent seating right, the air screws werent working, and the needle on the slide wouldnt go in the hole all the time it would get caught. so now im just trying to figure out why it wont run it ran good the other day just after iran fast, so im going to change the filter tommorow. its been a bit of a headache this sled but when it runs it scrares me how fast it goes so im trying to get it going good . how s your sleds? if you need some more parts i still got that parts eltigre and a 77 panther 500 not running.[/b]
Jesse,
Still got my 78' and think im going to keep it and do her to the hills!
Pop me an email with you phone number and some info. to [email protected]
Im going to need a few little things and you will probly have them?
Do you have a aftermarket clutch? Preferablly comet clutch?
Thanks, MATT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.