Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi having trouble getting choke adjusted followed the book to a tee but still not getting it get one pipe to come up to temp after adjustment are made and still have two pipes that wont come up to temp put new cables on and choke plungers are moving in there places so not sure what to do so please help if you can thanks

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use a small inspection mirror in the carb so I can actually see the plungers move and adjust accordingly.
Hi there so with the mirror you have to have the carbs off right? and what are you looking for if the carb plungers move? with choke off the plungers should be bottomed out right? and at half choke the plungers should be half way up and at full choke they should be right at the top is this right thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi there so with the mirror you have to have the carbs off right? and what are you looking for if the carb plungers move? with choke off the plungers should be bottomed out right? and at half choke the plungers should be half way up and at full choke they should be right at the top is this right thanks
Correct, That's exactly what I do, along with making sure of the proper free play at the lever. I tried to do it by feel like the manual says but could never get it to come out right.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The chokes aren't like the slides in the carb, it doesn't matter if they are perfectly in sync, just close. The most important thing is they bottom out completely when the choke is off and you have the proper free-play in the lever otherwise you will run really rich causing plug fouling and crappy mileage. It works well for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts