·
Registered
332 Posts
Which bikes ?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i heard that the 700 grizz is breaking alot of axles over 27 inch tires! Like what kind of big utility breaks axles over 27 inch tires?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well, I have the AC700 and have been real happy with it. However, the Yamaha has the power steering which I have heard, from Grizzly 700 owners, is great. I almost bought the Yamaha, but felt uncomfortable with it being the first year with the power steering. The Cat has the Suzuki Kingquad engine and it is well established as being a dependable, strong engine. The Cat is heavy, but look under it. The round bar looks bigger in the frame than most bikes. There are gussets welded in for extra strength.
I was at a ATV store tonight looking at wheels and tires and got to talking with one of the sales guys. His dad owns the store and bought him a Grizzly 700 for christmas. He did say he liked it, but experienced the same low end lag in high gear that the Suzuki 700 engine exhibits. He said he has seen the top speed at around 60mph, which is what my Cat will do (63mph).
Decide what you mainly want the bike for. I feel that both bikes are pretty close in performance. However, the Grizzly does have the power steering, but I would give that a year or two because there are bound to be issues.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay look at it this way. They both have efi. Thats alright to have in any bike. AC has bigger ground clearance. Ac has a better 4x4 system. AC doesnt break axles over 27 inch tires. AC you can mod up more. 700G has power steering. Thats it!!! Big deal. Power steering until something shorts out and there is your steering for ya.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (650boy @ Jan 16 2007, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Okay look at it this way. They both have efi. Thats alright to have in any bike. AC has bigger ground clearance. Ac has a better 4x4 system. AC doesnt break axles over 27 inch tires. AC you can mod up more. 700G has power steering. Thats it!!! Big deal. Power steering until something shorts out and there is your steering for ya.[/b]
Hey Seexfeefty By:

Is the Yamaha's power steering electric? Does it have dual overhead cams or single? Just curious.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (650boy @ Jan 16 2007, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Okay look at it this way. They both have efi. Thats alright to have in any bike. AC has bigger ground clearance. Ac has a better 4x4 system. AC doesnt break axles over 27 inch tires. AC you can mod up more. 700G has power steering. Thats it!!! Big deal. Power steering until something shorts out and there is your steering for ya.[/b]

The Griz also has auto mapping EFI. That would be a big plus if I were buying a EFI bike.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Dual cams on the Cat/ Suki EFI. Auto mapping on the Yamaha is a plus. Tho the Grizz is a much smaller bike.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Power steering until something shorts out and there is your steering for ya.[/b]
I bet we will see AC going to power steering. A bud at work just purchased one 700 Grizz very nice

[attachment=60964:supershonk.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
650 boy, Yamaha 4x4 system is very good also. Equal to the cat but the powersterring will allow you to use it with less effort. the griz engine Im sure will hop up tremendously since its based on the raptor 700. Add a exaust and filter and fuel map for it and I bet there is a big difference in power like the raptor. Cats break axles too when going big tires. They all do and thats why you get gorillas. Ground clearance between the two is minimul. Less than one inch. The arched a-arms of the griz means there is more usable ground clearance than the cat. Im not saying the grizz is better or not. Thats all opionion based on what features you need. Like the griz racks suck compared to cats but again it depends on what features you want. Try to look at it unbaisedly and then choose. there all going to have problems at some point.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i betcha weel see honda amd polaris coming out with power steering. Hoopie i guys your right too because all quads will break down at some point. Okay grizzly- trailbiike AC- mud muchine

·
Registered
934 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (650boy @ Jan 17 2007, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i betcha weel see honda amd polaris coming out with power steering. Hoopie i guys your right too because all quads will break down at some point. Okay grizzly- trailbiike AC- mud muchine[/b]

Honda does have power steeing. The 2007 Foreman 500 has the system. :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Borat @ Jan 16 2007, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (650boy @ Jan 16 2007, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Seexfeefty By:

Is the Yamaha's power steering electric? Does it have dual overhead cams or single? Just curious.
[/b][/quote]

Well borat since no-one else answered you question. The power steering on the Griz is an electrical setup. The new 700 (686cc) engine is just a 4-valve SOHC motor, not the 5-velve design on the older 660 motor found in the griz and raptor.

One thing that is somewhat pointless about these "whats better" topic is that there is no right answer, just like hoopie said its all opinions. :beer_cheers:

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I was just trying to get SeexFeefty By a little more oriented toward reality based discussion rather than what if or what's better. Sounds like he's a smart enough kid. Just needs a little prompting to get out of the "mine is better than your" syndrome.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
But my dad will beat up your dad is so much fun!

·
Registered
162 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I was just trying to get SeexFeefty By a little more oriented toward reality based discussion rather than what if or what's better. Sounds like he's a smart enough kid. Just needs a little prompting to get out of the "mine is better than your" syndrome.[/b]
Thank God for Borat! The patron saint of "reality based discussion." Man, I hope you were just kidding around when you made that statement. If not, I bet you got your butt kicked many times in high school.

He is just 13 years old. Take it easy!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Cat Dancin' Just curious, why even have a discussion of whats better a yamaha or a arctic cat on a site dedicated and even named after the arctic cat? mikeyslap :catwins go away grizzley boy....Ridegreen:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts