Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I don't know if this is just a fluke, or if all of the F's are like this ...

I was prepping my sled for the upcoming trip later this week, and was giving it some grease. Everything went great - got the 3 in the skid (yes, 3 only) and proceeded to the front suspension. Got the mag side done, and then went over to the PTO side. I got to the steering shaft zerk which is up above the a-arm. Well, I found that I couldn't get the grease gun to fit on the zerk because the zerk was at a perfect angle right into the front of the sled/bracket .... and that was with the skis turned all the way to the left. I ended up having to feed my grease gun through from the other side and kind of mess around with it to make sure I could hold the gun onto the zerk. It was kind of a pain in the ass, but I finally got it done.

Just curious if anyone who's greased their sled has seen the same thing or if mine is "special". Or maybe I'm special and don't know what the hell I'm doing!!! LOL

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Krom @ Jan 28 2007, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
you try it with the ski's all the way to the right?[/b]
Yep - it literally had no way of being greased from the left side. It's almost like there's two "right hand parts" on it. With the skis straight, both zerks points to the right a little bit and will go plenty far to the right when turning in that direction. Turning left, the left zerk is basically at a 90* angle and you can't get the gun on it from the left side. Maybe a summer project, I don't know.

And no Captain today ... I need to preserve my liver for later this week :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
how much of a pain in the :moon: would it be to change it out.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dadszr @ Jan 28 2007, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
how much of a pain in the :moon: would it be to change it out.[/b]
I didn't really look close enough. I spent way too much time in the garage this weekend ... installed 170 studs, added some custom stickers & registration numbers, cleaning (again), polishing the tunnel (not as good as I had hoped) and checking the wiring to see if I can cure my speedo problem. I briefly looked at Alpha Sports, and I'm hoping it's just a simple matter of getting at the tie rod assembly ... but nothing is ever easy with these sleds. It's not the end of the world by any means, I can still grease it. But it will be nice when I take the time to fix it. I was more or less questioning if anyone else had seen the same thing.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I bought a couple different ends for my grease gun because several fittings on my different sleds over the years have been a pain to get to. I bought a 90 degree fitting(not the one that slides on from the side) and an adjustable angle fitting. Makes getting it on and off a whole lot easier. I found one of them at Tractor Supply Company, and the other from Napa I think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts