Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am damn glad I did grease up my sleds found a broken bolt on my doo doo! The cat stills look nice and in good shape! But the doo I am glad I found this bolt broken now! I dont know what it is called but it looks to me like I could lose the sliders and the track if it fell out!

·
Registered
72 Posts
mobile 1 or slick 50 grease is what I use. I think the more you grease your sled, the better chances you'll have of displacing that water build up. I think that's just as important as the lubrication itself. Rust is the enemy. I dunno

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rust is the enemy. TgC_emoticon142.gif
You are so right! i used some white Lithium stuff I hope all say it works okay!

·
Registered
142 Posts
any quality EP waterproof grease should be good. (EP= extreme pressure) greasing is good, and cheap insurance, and you just may find a loose bolt etc... thats easier to fix in the garage than on the trail (or maybe worse if more damage is done by bolt falling out or something like that.) When you grease it you very often see the water forced out of the joint by the grease. (unless its in a heated garage and evaporates)
Craig

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I've been using shell advance synthetic. It's pretty runny stuff, so I imagine it stays that way in the real cold temperatures.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the name Machzeater! I used to be wild like that when i was yonger! I had a hopped up z28 whenthe Mustangs gt's were the hots! I used to rip them up on the st's
stay good guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts