Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys added zerks to control arms when you replaced the bushing just thought it may a good idea ,what do you think ?

·
Administrator
37,166 Posts
There have been quite a few guys that have. Try doing a search on here or even google using arcticchat in your search line.

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
It’s just a matter of personal preference. Some guys have done it as doorfx has mentioned. It all depends on the terrain you ride in. Guys in the coal belt have issues with worn bushings so greasing the bushings would help. If you ride in a lot of mud runs and water it’s would be good too. Personally I don’t have zerks but take my upper arms and rear knuckles off every couple of years or so to clean them up and re-grease them. My lower and rear control arms are the old style urethane bushings so not much can be done there other than putting anti-seize on bolts.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Would adding zerks make the bushings more susceptible to water? I would do what 660catman recommended by taking the bushings out to clean and re-grease every so often.

·
Premium Member
2,064 Posts
zerks are not going to make things more susceptible to water they are a sealed unit.. I added to my old machine and actually found it made it ride and handle much smother. I would hit it once or twice a year with grease and would usually get a pump or 2 only in it... Still pulled everything apart every few years to clean...

·
Administrator
7,730 Posts
Grease fitting can be good or bad. When everything is tight, greasing them would make them last longer. Putting grease fittings on a worn bushing could let ( and keep in) dirt making things wear out faster. Dirt sticks to grease like shingles on a roof.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great answers still waiting to take it out for a ride but trails are closed and trying to get to few farmers fields but with what is going on it maybe awhile stay safe everyone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts