Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a Garmin Legend CX GPS for christmas and am looking to mount it on my sled. I was just wondering what setup everyone is using? Pictures of the mount and the wiring would be greatly appreciated.

SCM700

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use the Garmin handlebar mount cradle on my F7 since there is so much exposed horizontal handlebar. I also use a RAM mount on my Sportsman 500HO since it has very little horizontal bar exposed. The RAM cradle is much stronger but I haven't had any problems with the lighter duty Garmin cradle. The photo below is a RAM for eTrex series units.

I get all of my GPS accessories online at gpscity.ca....great prices and service.

As for power, I wired into the F7's power through a voltage rectifier/regulator circuit I bulit since accessory power is 18 VAC. On the ATV I went directly to the on-board accessory power since it's already 12 VDC (although the regulation isn't the greatest).

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
I use a RAM mount as well, similar to the one above, I use the u-bolt and mount that to my riser, I will post a picture tommorow when I get home. As far as power, for me I have always used lithium batteries and have very good results, I can get numerous trips out a set of batteries with no problem, lithium are made for the cold.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I got a Magellan and bought the bike handlebar mount.... Just wraps around your handlebars and you turn it to where you're comfortable of seeing it....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts