Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone mounted a GPS on their 07 F machine yet? Pictures would be a great help. RAM appears to have the right mount...what is the diameter of the handle bar...1.0"? The handle bars appears to be the best place for the GPS?

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (g1lby @ Feb 5 2007, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Has anyone mounted a GPS on their 07 F machine yet? Pictures would be a great help. RAM appears to have the right mount...what is the diameter of the handle bar...1.0"? The handle bars appears to be the best place for the GPS?[/b]

Good question, hopefully someone will have an answer as I have been wondering the same...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered up the RAM suction cup mount for my GPS. I was hoping to attach on the dash. I'll post pics and a report when I actually do it.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some picts of my Garmin 60cs mounted with a RAM...works very well. Sits a little high, but it is not in my way at all. I plug into the 12 volt plug.

Attachments

·
Registered
525 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ossipeelake @ Feb 15 2007, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I ordered up the RAM suction cup mount for my GPS. I was hoping to attach on the dash. I'll post pics and a report when I actually do it.[/b]
I would reccommend against using the suction cup mount. If the dash warms up and experiences any condensation buildup, you might loose "suction" and it may fall off. I use the suction mount in my truck and it has fallen off the windshield once when that happened. Just a heads up. I use the RAM mount that attaches with screws and bolted to the dash of my Xfire.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a ram mount on mine and mounted it behind the windshield right to the left of the speedo. I will have to get me a few pics, but I was happy with it there last year.

·
Registered
56 Posts
ya i was looking for some one to post that too, i would like to put my GPS on my sled as well i have the ram mount already for my ATV put i dont know if i want to put any holes in mine to put it on the dash

·
Registered
547 Posts
You guys will the GPS up high off the handlebars must never tip your sleds over eh?

My GPS is mounted below the bars with a RAM mount. The sled is tipped over many times a day. :super_happy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts