Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO ADJUST OR REMOVE THE GOVERNOR ON MY SONS KITTY KAT. IT DOESNT SEEM TO HAVE VERY MUCH POWER.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You can do it a bunch of different ways. I can tell you now though that you will have to put in a 2.0 needle and seat. The engine uses the fuel in the float bowl of the carburator before it refills causing the engine to bog down, if you do any kind of mod to the governor. This is also done for longevity of the engine. You can zip tye the governor spring. Use as many zip ties as you like. You can find out where the governor spring is located by going to www.brownleisureworld.com Click on snowmobiles and pick the year Kitty you have, it will give you a list of parts. Another way is to loosen up the bolt that attaches the throttle control lever to the throttle return shaft. To do this procedure check out www.obups.com. On the bottom of thier page is instructions. The next way is to go internally on the clutch side. Good luck, also you might want to make the fuel mixture a little more rich. The engine will rev a lot higher, so a little more oil won't hurt it. my2cents

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine had the same problem, Jon at Olsen Brothers helped me get the thing to run better. I ended up re-jetting and running a hotter plug and the sled doesn't bog at all now even in deep snow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snodaddy @ Jan 28 2007, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You can do it a bunch of different ways. I can tell you now though that you will have to put in a 2.0 needle and seat. The engine uses the fuel in the float bowl of the carburator before it refills causing the engine to bog down, if you do any kind of mod to the governor. This is also done for longevity of the engine. You can zip tye the governor spring. Use as many zip ties as you like. You can find out where the governor spring is located by going to www.brownleisureworld.com Click on snowmobiles and pick the year Kitty you have, it will give you a list of parts. Another way is to loosen up the bolt that attaches the throttle control lever to the throttle return shaft. To do this procedure check out www.obups.com. On the bottom of thier page is instructions. The next way is to go internally on the clutch side. Good luck, also you might want to make the fuel mixture a little more rich. The engine will rev a lot higher, so a little more oil won't hurt it. my2cents[/b]
THANKS FOR THE INFO, OBUPS WAS GREAT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts