Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
yup did some testing had a problem with my lap top couldnt adj. fuel trim it was pig rich but would still run side by side with an f1000. weekend cut short had to help a guy get a turbo rx1ton out of the drink.going to try again tomorrow got lap top fixed up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
she's a runner had a guy on an f1000 scratching his head wondering what was wrong with his machine. als put 10 sleds and pulling on an done up f7 sp it runs really well did some clutch tuning and dialed in air/fuel 240 studs and leavs about 3200rpm lets just say the back flap wont last long. this sled is being delivered to the owner in new york and we have another one almost dont we will turn this one up a bitthe other one was already sold didnt want to push it too much 7.5 lb. boost 179.97hp at the track with 120lb. of torque we dynoed it stock at the track it was 102hp with 63lb. torque so it is a prety good increase over stock it is a perfect mannered trail machine. we have 9 more kits almost ready for install the kits will all be capiable of making 320hp and i am designing one right now that will make over 400hp so stay tuned.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gotboost @ Jan 30 2007, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
she's a runner had a guy on an f1000 scratching his head wondering what was wrong with his machine. als put 10 sleds and pulling on an done up f7 sp it runs really well did some clutch tuning and dialed in air/fuel 240 studs and leavs about 3200rpm lets just say the back flap wont last long. this sled is being delivered to the owner in new york and we have another one almost dont we will turn this one up a bitthe other one was already sold didnt want to push it too much 7.5 lb. boost 179.97hp at the track with 120lb. of torque we dynoed it stock at the track it was 102hp with 63lb. torque so it is a prety good increase over stock it is a perfect mannered trail machine. we have 9 more kits almost ready for install the kits will all be capiable of making 320hp and i am designing one right now that will make over 400hp so stay tuned.[/b]
seems to be a niece machine.I presume you are in the busines of selling those kits.do you instal them there or are they in kit form.are you a performance company,if so,how can you be reached.thanks for the info.have a nice day

·
Registered
29 Posts
YES WE SELL AND INSTALL THE KITS. SORRY NONE ARE BEING SOLD WITHOUT INSTALLATION AT THIS TIME.
WE HAVE ABOUT A 2 WEEK TURNAROUND

·
Registered
27 Posts
I hate to be a naysayer, but those HP #'s are not realistic. #1 a stock Jag makes maybe 140 HP, add another 70 or so HP for that boost level and you have 210 HP at BEST. It would be an impossibility to put 170 HP to the track. I have a turboed Attak that makes 265 at engine and is 149 at track,and that is extreme! You are trying to say you have 170 at track with 7.5 lbs of boost? Do you realize what you are saying? Not trying to start a fight, but I would ask you to be honest. Mike Knapp#17

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KnappAttack @ Feb 6 2007, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I hate to be a naysayer, but those HP #'s are not realistic. #1 a stock Jag makes maybe 140 HP, add another 70 or so HP for that boost level and you have 210 HP at BEST. It would be an impossibility to put 170 HP to the track. I have a turboed Attak that makes 265 at engine and is 149 at track,and that is extreme! You are trying to say you have 170 at track with 7.5 lbs of boost? Do you realize what you are saying? Not trying to start a fight, but I would ask you to be honest. Mike Knapp#17[/b]
good discussins keep the bull **** to a minimum

·
Registered
27 Posts
I didn't figure I'd get a reply back. Can't BS a guy that knows power levels and has know how on the dyno. I'd even find 102 HP at the track pretty high for a turboed Z1. The boosted Yamahas RX-1 4-strokes at 7.5 lbs are just getting that at the track with about 215 at engine. Stock Apex is at 74 HP on track, and we know how they run! To beat a f1000 by 10 lengths is not too good with big money in a boosted machine. I was real curious to see where these thing would go with boost. Now I can see they are nothing special. I'll stick with what I have for sure. It makes that f1000 look like a 340 kids fan sled next to a T-cat. Mike Knapp#17

·
Registered
29 Posts
DIDNT FIGURE YOU WOULD GET A REPLY, GO FUK YOURSELF AND STICK TO YOUR YAMAJUNK! SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO WORK TO BUILD THESE MACHINES NOT PAY OTHERS AND WATCH .THE SLED MADE THE POWER AND THE NEXT ONE THAT WE DYNO I WILL POST A VIDEO OF IT AND THE BOOST WILL BE TURNED UP FOR EVEN MORE MAKE BELIEVE POWER DICK BAG!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
What good is a video? For your info classless man, I'm a 24 time ISR world drag champion, and multi time world record holder, Most of them with Arctic Cat. I build all my own stuff and dyno it also, I pay NO ONE in building my machines. How many titles do you have under your belt? I think I know enough to call you a flat out liar on your HP #'s. You sound like some classless kid, more than a builder or businessman. If you would like, I could school you in boost. We hold the record on the grass in 500ft in 1000 open-mod with Yamajunk turbo. I doubt you will impress me with a video. You must be that guy with all those fictitious HP numbers selling turbo Z1's on e-bay. Everyone is getting a pretty good laugh about that in Yamajunk world. Hay, If your sooooooo fast why dont we have a shootout, care to lay down the title to your sled there mr gotboost? I'll be back from Colorado on Tues. and we can arrange something..... See you later Mr smack talker, next time sign your name. Mike Knapp#17

·
Registered
29 Posts
FIRST OFF, I DONT LIE ABOUT HP. THATS SALESMEN ON E BAY SELLING 180HP AS 350HP I BUILD THE SLEDS AND ARE TRAIL MACHINES YOU COME ON HERE MR #17 CALLING ME A LIAR THIS STEAMS ME SO FORGIVE ME ON THE HARSH WORDS. BUT I DO KNOW A THING OR TWO ABOUT BOOST AS I AM A MOTORCYCLE GUY AND BUILD ,OWN AND TUNE 600+HP HAYABUSA'S THE POWER #'S I AM POSTING ARE ACURATE THE MACHINE WAS ON DYNO STOCK AND PUT DOWN 101,102,103HP ADDED TURBO SYSTEM 7.5LB. BOOST PULLED 176.7,178.1,179.8HP SO I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW YOU CAN CALL ME A LIAR? 10HP PER LB. OF BOOST WHAT SEEMS TO BE THE PROBLEM? THIS WAS ON A CYCLE DYNO WITH CHAIN FROM THE DRIVE SHAFT TO THE DYNO.SO YOU CAN SAY WHATEVER YOU WANT THE MACHINE MAKES THIS POWER ,MAY LOOSE SOME POWER THROUGH THE TRACK ITSELF BUT I CANT EMAGINE TOO MUCH.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
hey got boost.......i own a z1 how much money are we talking for 1 of these kits installed? and your hp rating of 103 stock that seems kinda low arctic cat gives a rating of 123.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
like I said.good dicussions brings out the best and cuts out the b.s. have a :super_happy: nice both of you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
First off, seeing those pictures makes sense. That IS NOT A TRACK DYNO! There is no track there! It looks like you have used some type of motorcycle dyno. I don't know if your going through the clutches or what. Looks like you better stick to bikes! Again this machine will make no more than 200 HP at the engine with 7.5 lbs at BEST! Cant use the numbers off that contraption in the pictures. Unreal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vandyf7snopro @ Feb 15 2007, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
hey got boost.......i own a z1 how much money are we talking for 1 of these kits installed? and your hp rating of 103 stock that seems kinda low arctic cat gives a rating of 123.[/b]
the power rating arcticat gives is at the crank, this power was measured at the driveshaft and kits are $7995 installed keep in mind to run more than 8lb. of boost you must run c16 or lower the compression. the kit will make 320hp at the crank.

·
Registered
29 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KnappAttack @ Feb 15 2007, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
First off, seeing those pictures makes sense. That IS NOT A TRACK DYNO! There is no track there! It looks like you have used some type of motorcycle dyno. I don't know if your going through the clutches or what. Looks like you better stick to bikes! Again this machine will make no more than 200 HP at the engine with 7.5 lbs at BEST! Cant use the numbers off that contraption in the pictures. Unreal.[/b]
well brain surgen i never said it was a track dyno and the #'s it put down are through the clutches the dyno takes the place of the track and 76hp gain is a 76hp gain no matter how "off" my setup is dont worry mr #16 or 17 whatever i'll stick to bikes and sleds just dont be suprised when you get passed by a no hp jag. rick #99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

1 - 20 of 61 Posts