Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have been working pretty hard this winter working on my quad. The mods are in my sig. What do you think?

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Looks great CFM Rockerdude

Now just get a good set of tires on it and you'll be good to go. Are those Fox shocks off of a Predator?

With the warm weather coming I best get to work on my DVX getting it ready for the dirt before I'm missing out on riding time...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Looks good. I bet some red Hipers would make that thing look even sicker!

How do you like your 440 kit? Im looking into buying a used 03 Z400 with a 440 kit installed not to long ago.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoFastCat @ Mar 22 2007, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Looks great CFM Rockerdude

Now just get a good set of tires on it and you'll be good to go. Are those Fox shocks off of a Predator?

With the warm weather coming I best get to work on my DVX getting it ready for the dirt before I'm missing out on riding time...[/b]

Good eye!

Yes those are fox shocks from a troy lee preddy. They are not a direct bolt-up though, I had to tear them down and shorten them 7/8" to make them work. They would be a bit stiff with stock a-arms, but with my +2" they work out quite well. With stock arms you would maybe want to run thinner oil.

If anyone is interested, I already have another guy that I am going to customize a set for.

You guys are absolutely right about the tires! I have a set of Kenda Klaw's on the way, but I am going to stick with the ITP rims because of the price, and I can get a good deal on them.

I love the 440 kit, but It is not something you want to do untill you have plenty of mods already. I have the steel sleeve type kit which is known to have some problems with reliability, but the problems stem from improper install. (The sleeve needs to be retained in a press while it all cools after the install! If its not done it will creep up and, to make a long story short, will end up screwing up your head seal)

There are plenty of good kits out there if you have the $$$ Athena and Ice Cube are awesome.

Any way, the thing flat out ripps! Its good for putting a hurtin on some piped 450's and 700 Raptors! :devil_angry:

What other mods did that 440 have on it?

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
nice ride, But I would rather have that black and green tool box in the back ground :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dadszr @ Mar 27 2007, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
nice ride, But I would rather have that black and green tool box in the back ground :thumbsup: :thumbsup:[/b]

Ha, I knew someone would spot that!

It is pretty sweet, but unfortunately its not mine. I work at an AC dealer. That box belongs to our salesman. Mine is the black one off in the distance in the 7th pic. (up by the stand where the work gets done!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts