Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
nice real nice looks great i never would have thought of it but it looks awsome!!!!!

·
Registered
934 Posts
no outer idlers? 144" track? 2" lug depth track? I dunno

:lol: looks sweet!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pro-ex; your sled looks awesome! How did you get the orange part of the decal off? Did you use an exacto knife? I have the 06 black standard and would like to do the same thing, remove the green. Thanks, Webr

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks good especially like the seat, how did you get rid of the decal that was on the side of the seat? where did you pick up the tunnel supports?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
-The tunnel supports are Polaris fishbones, $45 on ebay. They fit great.

-The seat decals come off with lacquer thinner and a rag. It takes quite a bit so be patient. The decals on the sides I cut carefully with an xacto knife, it was alot easier than I thought.

-Stretched it to a 144x2 using Ole's rail extensions (excellent craftsmanship by the way), then I cut down my rear axle (re-drilled and tapped), cut down the stock rear spacers to go inside the rails and moved the adjuster bolts to the inside. Test ride...worked great.

-Then someone had to mention stock upper idlers...so tonight I pulled the skid again and replaced my stock uppers with the outside wheels that I just got done taking off of the rear axle.

-Also added scratchers.

Headed up Friday, I give a full report when I get back. PM me with any questions.

·
Registered
636 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Webr @ Jan 30 2007, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Pro-ex; your sled looks awesome! How did you get the orange part of the decal off? Did you use an exacto knife? I have the 06 black standard and would like to do the same thing, remove the green. Thanks, Webr[/b]
Kind of like this? I used a very sharp razor blade and avery fine touch. You don't want to hit the paint if you decide to do something different later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts