Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
decided to brave the cold and install some snorkels (cats lair has no heat!). used fernco 2 " to 1 1/2" reducer with 2 - 90 deg elbows and 1 - 45 degree elbow at end covered with 3 1/16 screen to keep out debris onthe intake side. on belt intake took the upper belt duct spun it 180 deg.,
installed 2" elbow at end with screen. this all sits on either side of air box allowing access to filter lid , under front of pod cut plastic and installed 4"
dryer vent (cold air induction ) :thumbsup: . took for a rip seems more responsive, will find out on wknd if theres a real differance in performance.
now i,m wonderin about exaust, should i mod muffler &jet or use speedwerx slip on muffler & jets??
took pictures but dont know how to install on my post!!, if someone could direct me i,d be glad to post pic,s.

Rockerdude later lads

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I have a brand new stock 05 muffler I may sell if you are thinking about modding the stock muffler. I did it to mine with about 7 3/8 inch holes right through it and increased the outlet pipe size. I made a post on it probably a year or so ago. I'm just down in kingston so we are neighbours. PM me if I can give you any info.
You may not believe it because I didn't at first but the screen over the snorkel will affect the performance, I keep a piece of nylon that I can put over the snorkel if conditions are real dusty and it affects the performance.

WC

[attachment=65789:picture_075.jpg]

[attachment=65790:picture_074.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey neighbor hows it goin?, are u happy with muffler mod , or do you think an after market piece would be better?. seen ur ride at dealer,he said u dropped it off 1HR ago (summer). to bad u missed toledo, great time maybe hook up at delta run. anyways gotta get to figurin how to post pics.

:beer_cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I'm happy with the modded muffler, it sounds better but not too loud and still has good performance increase over stock. I would suspect the aftermarkets will have better performance if the noise isn't an issue. The hmf makes a pipe that fits all you have to do is weld a bracket on.
Is Dillaboughs the dealer you are talking about? Seems like a good fellow and his prices are excellent.
When I post pics I go to the attatchment section directly below the window you type your responses into and all the following steps are in that section

click on browse

select the pic you want then hit upload

place your cursor where you want the pic

click on the pulldown bar where it says manage current attatchments

click on the pic and it should be placed where you had your cursor

Good luck

WC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts