Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i have an 03 F7 with psi twin pipes and a boondocker box. i got starting point fuel trim numbers from a website but cant seem to get things perfect. sled is great off bottom end up until 6500 to 7000 rpm. check engine light flashes on and sled cuts out until your outa the throttle enough and the r's drop to about 4000. i have gone through and checked the ground and the wiring harness. i have a friend who looked at it that does grass drags and he wasnt sure about it (hes old school and likes the carbs). tryin to save myself some money and do this myself instead of paying someone to tune it for me. also wondering if clutching, and/or timing key would make any difference to get full potentional of sled. ****CANT RIDE TILL I GET HER FIXED PLEASE HELP***

·
Registered
32 Posts
I dunno im having the same issues..it hits into limp mode..with boondocker..without..its good..i just dont get it..switched boondockers and still no go....help help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
engine light flashes because of over heating seems like your sled is running toooo lean and you also have to run one cylinder richer than the other with twin pipes. another tip is get yourself digital egt's it will help a lot to tune it right. I am also surprised you have not blown a cylinder. and have a melt down. KEEP adding fuel to all of your RPM ranges especially in the higher rpm range until it boggs and slowly back them down. also you gotta know the difference between a bog or breaking up. Look at piston wash if you know what that means to tell you what cylinder is leaner than the other. piston wash is only noticed if you pull the plugs and use a snake flash light and look at the outside of the piston about a 1/4 of an inch ring on the outside should be clean no carbon build up. In other words it is very tricky to tune that motor with twin pipes if you know nothing about how two strokes work and dont know whether it is lean or not you should have a expert look at it. it seems like you are a rookie with tuning efi and if you dont get it right you will MELT IT DOWN.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have twin pipes and a boondocker kit on my sled 05 f7 we have the same motor and to get a better base line call boondocker and tell them what kind of pipes you have. and for your buddy that grass drags if he can tune carbs then he can or should be able to tune your motor because it is all digital (he also sounds like a rookie) i know u have invested over a thousand dollars but get EGT's on those pipes. also one of your cylinders might already be blown do to lack of fuel and you trying to tune it yourself. Believe me i have blown my motor because of the same problem. and it was my left cylinder that went first going across a 1/4 mile of water. You have to run one cylinder richer than the other. it sounds funny but it is the truth. trust me i know what i am talking about because my buddy up the road is a arctic cat dealer with lots and lots of knowledge and races everything from grass, asphalt, snow, and water. that is where i go to when having troubles plus i get deals that blow people away when i tell them. Got to love that watercross and local dealer right up the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way crossing water will put the biggest load on your motor and causes you to make it run much richer. tuning it yourself is only going to cause u a melt down of a cylinder!!!!! not good more money out of pocket. clutching and timing key will only help if your motor it tuned right. otherwise dont do it. GOOD LUCK and it sounds like you need a pro to look at it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts