Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Funny you say that man. I bought one this fall for my V2 (that I have since sold). The battery in my H1 works just "OK", so I ordered a new Odyssey PC680 for it yesterday and am going to use the current H1 battery in my DVX that I'm fixing up. The odyssey battery is excellent. I could tell an IMMEDIATE improvement in my V2 with regards to turnover speed. Loved it.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
might want to consider a tenderizer. automatically does what it needs to do and just unplug and ride and plug back in when done riding. bikebandit sells them for around 26 bucks us for the jr. one. just installed one on a "customers" machine, he is from the city and only comes up and rides once in a while and almost always has to jump batt. topped off cells and put one of these on for him, should be all set.
by the by the link won't open for me.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yeah the link is dead.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kevinbender0311 @ Jan 27 2007, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
might want to consider a tenderizer. automatically does what it needs to do and just unplug and ride and plug back in when done riding. bikebandit sells them for around 26 bucks us for the jr. one. just installed one on a "customers" machine, he is from the city and only comes up and rides once in a while and almost always has to jump batt. topped off cells and put one of these on for him, should be all set.
by the by the link won't open for me.[/b]
Yeah, this battery has been on its way out for about 6 months now. I dried it once, and topped it off with bottled water, but lately it's only had enough to light the dash and accessories, won't turn the bike over when cold. Sometimes it did when warm. It's served its purpose. I just want a gell cell so there's no screwing with it, that and they handle vibration better than a lead-acid. As far as the tender, yeah, I should probably have one. I normally start them and run them around for 30 minutes a week if I'm not out on a ride for an extended period. How much for the battery?
Kevin, what do you mean you "installed" the tender? Did you physically mount it on the bike and then have a plug hanging out?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I just got a Battery Tender JR. and it has worked great. Sanny, i looked at the same batteries, but didnt know what one to get, or the price of them. How much are you paying? The battery tender has an accessory so you can permamently mount the cables to your battery, and you have a plug that is accesible. You then just plug it in at night, or when ever not in use like a block heater

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
yep v2rider answer it correctly! comes with a two prong plug with wire ends on other end to permatily install on batt ( positive and negative) then just plug in when not riding, unit is small. also comes with alagator clips if you don't want to permatialy install on you batt or want to use on another 12volt batt. i would personaly have used distilled water in any battery, but don't know any positive or negative effects to spring water, just always have been told and used.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
the battery tenders work great. I have 4 diffenent types of chargers (accumulated over the years) and I like the battery tender the best. I take out all of my batteries out of my toys in the winter and keep them in the house and keep them charged. I put them back in when I need them until the summer when I leave them in.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I bought the PC680. For my 2004V2 I had, I had to modify the hold down bracket to make it work, but that was a quick and simple mod (1 minute). I do not know if any mods need to be done on the newer body styles or not, but I'll find out here soon enough when mine comes in.

·
Registered
141 Posts
hey sanny how does that battery fit into the h1? Which one did you get? They dont list one for the cat. And if you dont mind me asking what does one of them set you back?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 680 should fit in your H1's battery box, however, you may have to modify the hold down bar. The Odyssey is longer than the stock battery. It's about the same in height and width though. It has a LOT more power than the small lead-acid that comes stock. That and it's maintenance free. I paid $190 CDN for mine. Yeah, a lot more than a "regular" model, but like anything else, you get what you pay for and this thing is worth the money IMO.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
The PC680 fits in the H1's battery casing fine, but you do have to modify the tool tray a bit to make it work. Nothing major at all...I just had to trim the corners a bit to allow the cables to come out. Then again, I'm running 2 winches and some other stuff, so I don't have the normal "gang" of wires that stock bikes do. Either way, it fits and you'll be able to make it work fine. I paid $90USD shipped and it's worth every penny man.

·
Registered
141 Posts
sounds like I know what my next purchase is...... :super_happy: Thanks for the quick replys :site:

·
Registered
153 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanny651 @ Feb 21 2007, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The PC680 fits in the H1's battery casing fine, but you do have to modify the tool tray a bit to make it work. Nothing major at all...I just had to trim the corners a bit to allow the cables to come out. Then again, I'm running 2 winches and some other stuff, so I don't have the normal "gang" of wires that stock bikes do. Either way, it fits and you'll be able to make it work fine. I paid $90USD shipped and it's worth every penny man.[/b]
Sanny where did you find the PC680 for $90? I'm seeing a couple on ebay but their $119 + shipping. Has inflation rose that much?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Bluethumb,

where did you buy your oddessy battery from?
None of our local stores have them so I am looking for somewhere to order one from

Northmoose

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Signalprick76 @ Jan 23 2008, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanny651 @ Feb 21 2007, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The PC680 fits in the H1's battery casing fine, but you do have to modify the tool tray a bit to make it work. Nothing major at all...I just had to trim the corners a bit to allow the cables to come out. Then again, I'm running 2 winches and some other stuff, so I don't have the normal "gang" of wires that stock bikes do. Either way, it fits and you'll be able to make it work fine. I paid $90USD shipped and it's worth every penny man.[/b]
Sanny where did you find the PC680 for $90? I'm seeing a couple on ebay but their $119 + shipping. Has inflation rose that much?
[/b][/quote]

Yes, inflation has gone up that much bang your head

But the battery is worth it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Northmoose @ Jan 24 2008, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bluethumb,

where did you buy your oddessy battery from?
None of our local stores have them so I am looking for somewhere to order one from

Northmoose[/b]
I just bought it from a battery shop that carries them . Best answer would be go to their site and get the distributer nearest to you. WELL worth the money, I've had it over a year now and it really cranks out the power. It's really noticeable when I'm plowing. I had the old L/A battery in there last year and after plowing for a while, you could see it was starting to run down, but not this thing, spins that winch up and down like it's not even there.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I bought mine for $90 but see that everyone is selling them for $119 or so now. Don't get why it went up that much in a year, but.....??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts