Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many gallons are left in the tank once the dash starts to blink FUEL? Sled is a 2010 z1 lxr, Everything started to blink, and I thought I was in trouble, miles form any gas, got to a station, filled up, still had 4 gallons left in the tank...So how far can you go on a tank of gas on z1? I dunno:TA

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have two 2013, F1100 NA, LXR's and when the gas gauge light starts blinking, I typically have around 4 gallons left in the tanks. I average around 15 MPG, and that is all trail riding.

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
Fuel gauge sucks, still have 6 gal left when starts blinking.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They really don't work well, I had everything blinking, FUEL, gas pump, went from 3 lines to 1 for no reason....Had no idea what I had left in the tank until I filled it.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Yeah, those gauges are all over the board. Plus they read lower when moving. Mine starts flashing when I have nearly a half of a tank less. I also get 15+ mpg, so theoretically thats about 150 miles per tank, but the flashing is distracting so I always end up filling up sooner.

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
Seems like the old cork gauges worked the best.....I don't need a gauge that tells me altitude just give me one that really reads fuel in tank!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree! The gauge sucks! I love the sled, but little things like that drive me crazy! You find yourself looking at the gauge, and wondering if you will make it back, then when you get gas, you find you still had 1/2 a tank.....! Takes some getting use to.:Bangin:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have 3:

07 jag
09 Z1 turbo LXR LE
10 Z1 turbo EXT

At least they are all consistance
I try to go no more than 90 miles without fueling up again.

It use to really make me nervous, thinking maybe conditions made me suck more fuel. Over 20,000 miles combined miles between the three and have not run out yet. I have put 148 miles on the EXT (had 2 gallons on sled for backup) so I could fill with 110 octane at a pump. Used 9.2 gallon, book says 9.7 usable.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man, That's cutting it close..I bought the sled to go on long rides, but I find myself looking down at the gauge a lot...I dunno Arctic Cat can do better for what you spend on a sled....! But I still bleed green!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts